The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchew

Hey Wayne, wonderful image!

Here's mine from the same morning a few dunes over...

P65+, 100mm HR, Alpa STC. Still getting the sand out of my Alpa!

Dave

fotografz

Here's my contribution from my first shoot with the H4D and 35-90mm.

Shot using a Broncolor Verso A4 with battery dock connected (best kit in the world, love it!), 2 heads. Key light from 60" Softlighter attached up high and 2nd light from back right side with P45 reflector attached.
Very cool. :thumbup:

What an outfit.

-Marc

Anders_HK

Hey Wayne, wonderful image!

Here's mine from the same morning a few dunes over...

P65+, 100mm HR, Alpa STC. Still getting the sand out of my Alpa!

Dave
Hi,

How much shift did you use, and what do you find to be max shift/IC you can use with the 100 HR on STC and at what aperture?

Thanks! :salute:

Regards
Anders

dchew

Thanks Jack

Love it, Dave.

I see you caught something in the 2 minutes we had of sun hitting the sand :)
Yeah, those two minutes felt like 10 seconds with the Alpa. I need to learn how to change lenses faster. It's all new and I don't have a "system" down yet.

As you said, the wind picked back up while we were out which made efficiency all the more important. The good news is practice is so much fun!

Dave

dchew

Anders,

Sorry, no shift on that one, just a crop. Everything was changing so fast and there was sand blowing everywhere.

I do have a test shot of a full shift on the Alpa STC with that lens (~18mm). I was completely surprised because the image goes all the way out there. It is not as sharp, but there is very little color cast (it was taken in snow). I'll send you a pm with the images tomorrow.

Dave

Hi,

How much shift did you use, and what do you find to be max shift/IC you can use with the 100 HR on STC and at what aperture?

Thanks! :salute:

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

Anders,

Sorry, no shift on that one, just a crop. Everything was changing so fast and there was sand blowing everywhere.

I do have a test shot of a full shift on the Alpa STC with that lens (~18mm). I was completely surprised because the image goes all the way out there. It is not as sharp, but there is very little color cast (it was taken in snow). I'll send you a pm with the images tomorrow.

Dave
Thanks alot Dave, will be interesting to see!

S

Shelby Lewis

Lots of beautiful stuff, everyone!

From an earth day celebration today in Baton Rouge... all on an aptus ii 6 and mamiya 210/4

Some of my fellow musician friends:

my daughter:
(under a tent... bright sunny background behind)

And my youngest.... he's wild!

Cheers!
Shelby

Frits

This year I dragged the Big Blad along on vacation in the Caribbean.
Coupled with the 50-110mm is was a bit more hefty than your typical vacation P&S :eek: , but I am glad I took it along.
The only (slight) gripe I have is that the poor quality of the Phase One back screen resulted in me not realizing that I had the CP cranked up a bit too much :).
It will definitely come along on future vacations.

As always, the web JPEG does not do justice to the original...

Professional

P40+ with 300mm lens

Talking about deserts because i live in desertic country, this shot is the best i've seen so far here over the other desert or sand shots, this one is more natural than the others i see from the sky to foreground, even the colors here is way natural than other shots, don't take me wrong, other shots are great but this one really getting my votes over the other shots.

Waiting to see more winner shots, Guy, well done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.