The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ed: Those forest/waterfall shots look like they'd be very impressive as large prints. Very nice indeed.

Shelby: I really like the simple & clean composition of your cloud/environmental shots. Very nice!

G

gmerrell

I thought it was interesting that this shot was at the same location as Ed's.
Also shot with a P45/Cambo RS/but with a 47mm Schneider.
This is not one of my favorites. It was shot late winter with no color to speak of. Two images focus stacked.

By the way my IQ180 is supposed to be here Wednesday June 1st.

Greg

woodyspedden

Thank you Woody! I printed your print yesterday, it will get packed and shipped today, so you should have it before the weekend! I have to say it looks amazing at the larger 21x28 size -- it seems like you could step right into it and take a "walk in the park" LOL!

Enjoy,
Jack

As I said in another thread, this is one special image. First the serendipity of the weather.........second the photographer with his intimate knowledge of the area..........and third the gear. I am sure that a P 65+ rendering of the scene would have been (nearly) as good but the IQ 180 is very special indeed. I am off to the framing shop today to get it mounted and framed. The wall awaits!

Best

Woody

etrump

Ed: Those forest/waterfall shots look like they'd be very impressive as large prints. Very nice indeed.
Thanks Graham, isn't that what MF is all about?

This two shot stitch from the same location is hanging in the gallery 72" wide. With 16" of frame and liner it makes a nice statement. I find it interesting that people tend to buy exactly the size and framing they see in the gallery.

etrump

I thought it was interesting that this shot was at the same location as Ed's.

Greg
Definitely! That waterfall is one of most photogenic waterfalls in the state.
There are so many great compositional possibilities you could spend the day there with light overcast skies. I'm usually there 3-4 hours every time I stop by. I just got my IQ180 this week and would love to steal a day to run down there.

Vintage landscapes of the Ozarks; I love it! Within an hours drive from this spot are at least 2 dozen awesome waterfalls that are all running great right now. Spring and autumn are incredible. The rest of the year - forget it! :ROTFL:

S

Shelby Lewis

Brad, Graham, and Ed... thanks so much for the kind words. Much appreciated!

Cheers! Shelby

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Hey Woody, really enjoyed your blog, will check back there often. I can really feel some of those images. I guess I'm in a similar situation, big city, long working hours, not enough time to play with the gear I have :D

Paul
Thanks, Paul. You've summarized the situation well. I just put up my 590th blog post since I started the daily photo project.

Status
Not open for further replies.