The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog6

Terrific images as always in this thread. malmac, nice to see there is someone almost 'local' (only 110 kms or so!) to me on here.

A friend and I went out early yesterday (6 July 2011) for a bit of a prowl around. Our sunrise shots were not much due to a lack of cloud but this pre-dawn stop at the local sugar mill was certainly worthwhile! *H2 | P20 | 50-110 @ 50 | f8 | 20 secs | ISO100

and this pre-dawn shot looking east down the Tweed River from Murwillumbah, with the Condong Mill in the rear ground, is a ‘good ’un’. H2 | P20 | 50-110 @ 50 | f8 | 20 secs | ISO100

linked from my RedBubble

jbcrane

Greetings Gentlemen,
I am recently back from wandering about and still learning my way around all this forum posting stuff. I'm hoping this is MF film as well as digital... don't have a digital back on my RZ but am enjoying the heck out of the size of the frame compared to all the small sensor/format cams.
EDIT: Just realized after submitting this forum is in the Digital Cameras section, making the above point moot. Sorry about that guys ;-/...

Here are a few from the year thus far, all with the RZ67 ProII:

(linked from my zenfolio account) Vintage Harley bling at a local motorcycle rally here in Fort Collins, Colorado: RZ67 on Portra 160VC through the Mamiya 110

(linked from my zenfolio account)Loveland Feed&Grain Building, Loveland, Colorado: RZ67 on TMAX

(linked from my zenfolio account)Great Divide, Colorado on Ektar

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
I don't do 'studio' very often, and certainly not with a 9 month old...:eek:

but a few worked out. Here's one I like.

(P65+ Contax, 140mm dual mono Profotos)

(and yes, I had some 'off stage' help :D
Victor

Don Libby

The detaiuls for the rail line image.

Cambo WDS with a p65+ and a 35mm Schneider lens at f16 at 1/4 sec exposure - two image focus stack so I could have rail line ballast in the foreground sharp and not loose the detail in the houses in the mid ground.
Always nice to see another Cambo at work.

Don Libby

bob:,

bit of a squeaky place to get into, i was inside that curved "vessel" that is the door to the dry dock, about behind the third porthole from the right, top row he,he
Interesting - reminds me of what a park ride might look like...

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
How do you like the 28mm with the IQ180, Wayne? I'm missing my super wides.
Well, it's OK and at least it's wide. Corners are soft and still get some CA on some high contrast areas, but overall can manage to get good images out of it. Haven't really checked to see how well it holds up with the IQ180 compared to the p65+

Here's a few images from my trip to S. Utah for the weekend ... this is the spillway of Gunlock Reservoir ... it's usually dry by this time of year.
PhaseOne DF with 75-150 at 150, 1 sec. at f/22, ISO 35

Everything the same except zoom at 75mm

Took this one at Kolob Canyon with the 300mm. Despite everything I did (weight bag over camera etc.) still not as sharp as I would like it. The IQ180 might be just too much resolution for it. Still some testing to do. 1/6th sec at f/8

baxter

Wavelight - Sunlit water droplets from a breaking wave tracing arcs.

This is a crop, despite using the 150mm, I was still perilously close to getting a drenching from the broken wave. Shutter was 0.2s. I would like to explore the possibilities that this image suggest exist.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Took this one at Kolob Canyon with the 300mm. Despite everything I did (weight bag over camera etc.) still not as sharp as I would like it. The IQ180 might be just too much resolution for it. Still some testing to do. 1/6th sec at f/8
Wayne, are you using the tripod foot on the lens, or mounting via the body? I have found that tripod foot on the lens to be unreliable as a support, have removed it from my 300 and now mount it via the body. FWIW...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wavelight - Sunlit water droplets from a breaking wave tracing arcs.

This is a crop, despite using the 150mm, I was still perilously close to getting a drenching from the broken wave. Shutter was 0.2s. I would like to explore the possibilities that this image suggest exist.
Very nicely seen!

D

Deleted member 7792

Well, it's OK and at least it's wide. Corners are soft and still get some CA on some high contrast areas, but overall can manage to get good images out of it. Haven't really checked to see how well it holds up with the IQ180 compared to the p65+
That's kinda what I suspected. When you've tested it with the IQ180, post some pics.

Another lens I'm interested in. I had the HC 300mm in my Hasselblad kit, and now with Phase One can only get to 150mm. :cry:

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

From the Appalachian Trail with my Alpa TC, 35mm xl and IQ 180 back.
Woody, I like this one a lot. The fern "organized chaos" leading to the vertical trees is really interesting. And the greens just jump off the screen.

So have you decided to trade your Hasselblad gear in for the IQ180?

Joe

gogopix

Subscriber
From the Appalachian Trail with my Alpa TC, 35mm xl and IQ 180 back.

Dear Woody

The TC/35xl and IQ180 will be my "high Megapixel P&S" when ever the @#$%^%$# Iq180 shows up :rolleyes:

I really like the combo and you have a nice example of what it can do.

did you need any LCC? looks great to me

regards
Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.