The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

I called this bear Krasotka ("Pretty woman" in Russian) - she liked the name and agreed to a private photo-session

Phase DF + Leaf Aptus ii 10 + Mamiya 300mm APO f 4.5.

3 shots stitch :

mediumcool

I called this bear Krasotka ("Pretty woman" in Russian) - she liked the name and agreed to a private photo-session

3 shots stitch :

Liking these a lot; are the bears used to humans? They would feel no threat across a stream, I imagine.

Nik

Liking these a lot; are the bears used to humans? They would feel no threat across a stream, I imagine.
I lived with them for 40 days. I started with Nikkor 600mm lens in the first day and ended with 45mm Phase One in the last. This a a national park, so hunting is prohibited and these bears (most of them) did not see any threat from a human in their life. Females realized quickly that I posed no threat, and in the end of my expedition they would even leave their cubs with me (literally 1 meter away) and would go fishing. This is the greatest form of trust a female can demonstrate. They do see people from time to time so it is no shock to them, but it takes time for them to get accustomed to you and start feeling at ease.

Petster

I lived with them for 40 days. I started with Nikkor 600mm lens in the first day and ended with 45mm Phase One in the last. This a a national park, so hunting is prohibited and these bears (most of them) did not see any threat from a human in their life. Females realized quickly that I posed no threat, and in the end of my expedition they would even leave their cubs with me (literally 1 meter away) and would go fishing. This is the greatest form of trust a female can demonstrate. They do see people from time to time so it is no shock to them, but it takes time for them to get accustomed to you and start feeling at ease.
Very impressive. Please more! :)

etrump

3 shots stitch :

Incredible Nik. Looking forward to more of these.

mediumcool

I lived with them for 40 days. I started with Nikkor 600mm lens in the first day and ended with 45mm Phase One in the last. This a a national park, so hunting is prohibited and these bears (most of them) did not see any threat from a human in their life.

Females realized quickly that I posed no threat, and in the end of my expedition they would even leave their cubs with me (literally 1 meter away) and would go fishing. This is the greatest form of trust a female can demonstrate. They do see people from time to time so it is no shock to them, but it takes time for them to get accustomed to you and start feeling at ease.
A rare privilege in these times: child minding of a wild species! :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Adirondacks. View of the High Peaks region, taken on Sunday. Four exposure stitch. 645D, 200mm FA. Crop shows some detail seen in a large print.

Tom
Tom, LOVE the first image, and really like the hazy mountains in the background!

Thierry

Very nice :thumbs:

I envy you.

Thierry

Females realized quickly that I posed no threat, and in the end of my expedition they would even leave their cubs with me (literally 1 meter away) and would go fishing. This is the greatest form of trust a female can demonstrate. They do see people from time to time so it is no shock to them, but it takes time for them to get accustomed to you and start feeling at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.