The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I'm still in mental debate on 1 or 2 of these for myself but I shot everything with the 110 LS with the IQ 160 at full rez. Have to say shooting MF here was just a load of fun for me. I love the challenge and everything was shot handheld. But the good news is it landed me a lot of work.

Guy Mancuso

Peter, lovely pano and BW conversion.
Guy, amazing shots and under such harsh light conditions!
Yes I wanted the drama of the light but it's tough out here and the model needs to be dead on with her face or it gets ugly fast. Some here are with fill but some are not. As I teach in the workshops it's always about the light but it needs to be controlled. It's the toughest thing to learn in photography is lighting and many folks simply do not pay attention to it or do not take the time to learn it. If I could give one piece of advice in all my years is learn lighting. It's in everything we shoot.

BTW thanks for the compliment.

Ebe

Two from the Eastern Sierra's last week

Close up of an old rusty tractor motor
Mamiya DF/IQ140 with Mamiya 150/2.8/D (ISO=50, Shuter=1/2-S, F-11)
Three images focus stacked with 'Helicon_Focus'

Mono Lake tulfa just after sunset with full moon rising
Mamiya DF/IQ140 with Mamiya 300mm/4.5/Apo
1st picture (ISO=50, Shuter=1/8th-S, F-6.8, focus-tulfa)
2nd picture (ISO=50, Shuter=1/45th-S, F-6.8, focus-moon)
Two shots combined in software

Guy Mancuso

Lol . Problem is this age bracket is the meat of the industry. I honestly don't agree with it either. Like to see the industry main thrust a bit older.

Ebe

Thank You Graham

When I saw this tractor, I envisioned a B&W Sepia. Jim Collums
pictures of trains and rusty old things entered my mind.
I processed a few B&W versions, but in the end prefered the color.

Ebe

dmeckert

had a test shoot this afternoon with an awesome model and a new location. i wanted to check out a few things before a larger shoot on monday.

it was also my first shoot a) with the 55/2.8, b) with the 210/4, c) relying on the mamiya + aptus 22 as my main rig.

anywho...a few unretouched photos, right out of camera and through lightroom. the last few are using this totally awesome vari-color filter a family friend found in her garage, no photoshoppery.

Status
Not open for further replies.