The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

rem

Two Pictures with the H4D 40/120Macro II and the new Elinchrom Indirect 150 Light-bank. I love the camera more and more. Pictures out of Camera, BW conversion in Phocus. The Story is, the mother have cancer and starts today with chemo thearapy and her wish was to make a shooting with her daughter before.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks a lot !

So here is the 28 mm version

I thought I recognized this place! Your first shot looked very familiar and then this one nailed it. We ended up here on our NH workshop, although not at moonlight it must be said. Stick a white van where your car is parked and it could've been the CI NH Workshop. :D

Nice location although I'd be tempted to lose that ugly overflow drain. We spent a while composing around that one.

mediumcool

San Luis State Park, Alamosa, CO
Phase One DF; IQ 180; SK 55mm LS
Nice.

May sound strange, but a tilt of 1° to 1.5° anti-clockwise would help the horizon look like it’s not falling off to the right. The lessening height of the mountains L–R is to blame for this optical effect.

dick

Nice.

May sound strange, but a tilt of 1° to 1.5° anti-clockwise would help the horizon look like it’s not falling off to the right. The lessening height of the mountains L–R is to blame for this optical effect.
...a classic case where rear swing/tilt can let you fine-tune a picture by changing (re-creating) the perspective.

(...and I hope nobody tries to tell me that perspective is viewpoint!)

Thierry

It is actually, but not only. Right, it can be modified as well by changing, with a tilt or a swing, the projecting plane (image plane) the same way one is distorting an image projected on a wall from a slide projector when inclining the projector iself.

There are "many" ways to modify the perspective or the convergenceof V and H lines of a resulting image.

Best regards
Thierry

...a classic case where rear swing/tilt can let you fine-tune a picture by changing (re-creating) the perspective.

(...and I hope nobody tries to tell me that perspective is viewpoint!)

mediumcool

[…] a classic case where rear swing/tilt can let you fine-tune a picture by changing (re-creating) the perspective.
Agreed, Dick, but I don’t think it applies in this case—my first inkling of this problem was when talking to a print designer many years ago (he typeset text headings and subs for backlit displays of fried chicken shot by me!):

He alerted me to the effect shown below, which reflects [no pun intended] the same optical illusion made by the mountains on the LHS of Landscapelovers picture. The bottom line has been rotated. It’s subtle but noticeable.

And here is the rotated Landscapelover image (-0.3°). I was wrong about the amount of rotation.

I think it could do with a bit more, but have to get dinner!

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

This is not a good photo - it was taken through an airplane perspex window - but the title of this thread is "fun"!

So here is an unfamiliar angle of a familiar scene....
Bill

Paratom

Tanx guys. I can see this branch from my window at breakfast, and I liked it for some days. this morning with the cold/frozen lines I had to go out and take some images. Came too late to work though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.