The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks all... much appreciated. A few more initial workups.

Again Pro IID, Aptus II-6, 110/2.8

actually a little bit of strobe used in the forground here:

one of my favs:

Last edited:

Swissblad

Shelby,
sorry to hear of your loss.
Terrific photos - Portrait Nr. 2 is fantastic - really delicate.
What post-processing do you use for B&W?
Thanks for sharing, Sinuhe.

Shashin

Working for peanuts. All these are from my trip to Tokyo and so far from the same day. The night pano used the DFA 55mm, the rest the A 35mm manual-focus lens. None cropped--I just like the challenge of shooting full-frame, a habit I picked up and never was able to shake. I was just having fun in a city I spent 10 years in. MFD is just so much fun on the street. Hard to believe I am the only one doing it.

Douglas Benton

I first went digital when the Kodak Proback 645m came out. That went on the shelf when I picked up a 5d. I pulled the Proback off the shelf the other day to get it ready to sell. this is a shot I did to make sure everything was still functioning.
Doug

S

Shelby Lewis

Beautiful stuff everyone... and thanks for the kind comments.

Sergei, lovely lighting. Douglas... I think you should keep that back, lol!

Here's a quickie set-up shot for the first image (of my youngest son) for those who are interested. The reflector is obviously not doing anything in this image:

Last edited:
S

Shelby Lewis

Shelby,
sorry to hear of your loss.
Terrific photos - Portrait Nr. 2 is fantastic - really delicate.
What post-processing do you use for B&W?
Thanks for sharing, Sinuhe.
Thanks Sinuhe. This is the first set of images that I've used Nik Silver Efex on... I'm trying the demo and really liking it. There's also a fair amount of hand work as well (dodging, burning, and selective curves work)... but I think Silver Efex does a great job giving me a baseline place to start with for B/W.

Cheers,
Shelby

carstenw

Where is Guy hanging out these days?

Happy Birthday, Guy! (if my intrusive and surprisingly knowledgeable calendar is indeed right)

Status
Not open for further replies.