The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

I've missed out on so much working the past couple months. I'm in the process now of processing and printing for delivery in February however I'm attempting to take breaks now and then to catch up.

Don

tsjanik

Beautiful!
Thanks Don.
I was looking at some of your wonderful Jackson shots and meant to ask you about a reference to Granite Creek. Is it the creek that empties into the Hoback River a bit east of Hoback Junction? I have some great memories of staying in a friend's family cabin along Granite creek and swimming in the hot spring during a snow fall. Great part of the world.

Tom

Don Libby

Thanks Don.
I was looking at some of your wonderful Jackson shots and meant to ask you about a reference to Granite Creek. Is it the creek that empties into the Hoback River a bit east of Hoback Junction? I have some great memories of staying in a friend's family cabin along Granite creek and swimming in the hot spring during a snow fall. Great part of the world.

Tom
You're correct. Granite Creek is East of Jackson. We drove through Pindale on our way into Jackson passing Granite Creek. We tried twice to return to Pindale but never made it past Granite Creek. There's a State Park at the end of the road in Granite Creek that has a hot springs which is open year round. By the way - Hoback Jct is under heavy construction and has been since at least last year.

Cheers

Don

etrump

Some shots from a shoot today for a school assignment.

My kids. In each frame, the shadow content/hardness is supposed to correlate to a specific emotional state (here, how far down the healing path my kids have gone since losing my mom to suicide two years ago)... also the position of the chair is supposed to correlate how "close" I perceive each of the kids still feels to her loss. The were just told to be themselves and we did not speak of my mom at all... these were taken with just them in their normal states.

Cheers,
Shelby
Hi Shelby,

Lovely imagery with evocative story line - deeply touching.

Ed

tsjanik

I posted a B&W image of this shot on the Pentax 645D thread. In this image I kept the color in the starlings, but desaturated the sky and cropped considerably more; other than that, no manipulation.
My intention was to photogaph more shale on the shore, but I had the 400mm f/5.6 with me just in case.

Tom

_IGP6448_7821modcolor by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Thierry

That's a beautiful image.

Thierry

I posted a B&W image of this shot on the Pentax 645D thread. In this image I kept the color in the starlings, but desaturated the sky and cropped considerably more; other than that, no manipulation.
My intention was to photogaph more shale on the shore, but I had the 400mm f/5.6 with me just in case.

Shashin

Tom
tom, personally, I like this so much better than the B&W. Beautiful.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thank you Bill for your kind word.
I only have minor adjustment of shadow, highlight, saturation and sharpening on this photo.
Regards,
Pramote
Then I'm puzzled as to why the moon looks so large when you were using a 28 mm lens? Or did you crop a lot? (Doesn't look like it from the perspective.) Or is it simply the halo?

I've often shot the moon and in my pix it doesn't look that big even with a standard 80 mm lens. Please enlighten me!

Bill

Then I'm puzzled as to why the moon looks so large when you were using a 28 mm lens? Or did you crop a lot? (Doesn't look like it from the perspective.) Or is it simply the halo?

I've often shot the moon and in my pix it doesn't look that big even with a standard 80 mm lens. Please enlighten me!

Bill
I agree Bill. It seems all of my photos using a normal to wide angle lens that include the moon in the landscape, the moon always appears smaller in the photo than it does in real life. I don't know why that it, but it has been apparent in many photos. I admit to being "creative" and pasting in a moon that appears more correct size-wize - after all, my goal is to represent what I saw and the "as-shot" photo with the moon is not what I saw.

I am posting the above information as a point of reference only. I am not questioning Pramote's statement or integrity. I just want to know how it was done in camera so I can learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.