The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

The other thread was getting long so I decided to start a part 2...

Jim Collum and I met at the Sutro ruins this morning for an early shoot. The light went bad fast, but there was about 20 minutes of some decent early morning shooting. I am still learning how to process the Phase files so these are probably not optimal, but at least have figured out enpough where I can pretty much display what I saw. All shots were at f8 or f11 and ISO 50 or 100, and fairly long exposures, tripod of course. These first two are with the 55 lens:

These next two are with the 35 lens:

Cheers,
Wonderful Photographs Jack, I like the second one very much. The human element sort of leads you to the Island. Looks like an image out of a fantastic dream.
ACH

Shashin

From the garden this morning. I was expecting to be overcast, so part of the forecast was right. Nice to be able to take pictures in heavy, wet snow and not worry about the camera. Two frame stitch, handheld, Pentax 645D, 55mm. What you can't see, except for a few fakes close to the lens, is the snow failing in the frame.

PS Happy Holidays everyone.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Wonderful Photographs Jack, I like the second one very much. The human element sort of leads you to the Island. Looks like an image out of a fantastic dream.
ACH
Thank you Antonio!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Home for the holidays and so I decided I might as well take some shots from my backyard. Mt Hood with it's hat on.

Alpa 12TC, 90 HR-W 1/8s f/11

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Truly amazing pictures Bill, Jack, Douglas and Graham!

Phase One DF/IQ 180/Mamiya 35mm AF (Broken AF; $175))/Lee Big Stopper
Thanks for viewing.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Pramote

SergeiR

wee bit of storytelling , to add to great landscapes above :)

AFDII+ZD , 55mm/2.8 AF (older one)

Walking in by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Descended by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Its a series shot like a comics. As a side note i must say that i yet again learned why i switched to MFD..B/c of weather conditions we had to shoot few frames with D700 (contacts on AFD were going natters and it couldn't fire trigger and we were freezing), and oh boy... dealing with those, side to side with rest of frames done on ZD.. What a difference it makes.

P

Paul66

I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch you do a shoot and process images like these!!!!

wee bit of storytelling , to add to great landscapes above :)

AFDII+ZD , 55mm/2.8 AF (older one)

Walking in by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Descended by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Its a series shot like a comics. As a side note i must say that i yet again learned why i switched to MFD..B/c of weather conditions we had to shoot few frames with D700 (contacts on AFD were going natters and it couldn't fire trigger and we were freezing), and oh boy... dealing with those, side to side with rest of frames done on ZD.. What a difference it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.