The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

A little something from my road trip back from Death Valley last night. I'm going to be sending a strongly worded letter to California DOT about their road maintenance! :D

Very nice Graham. Had you been on a better road, you might have been traveling too fast to see this!

S

Shelby Lewis

Whoa, Graham... fantastic image.

Here's one I posted earlier, reprocessed for longer tonal range and hopefully more dimensionality. Slightly different crop.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks for the comments about the Owens Valley shot. It was my first stab at B&W using the C1 B&W features & masking and using my laptop in the hotel last night. Although I like it, I think I need to have another stab at it using PS and the IQ160/Alpa files. It was quite the scene there that evening and an enjoyable off road jaunt along an interesting old road!

Nice image. Graham, the late great state of California is broke. As you may have noticed....
I'll give them some slack on this one. I think it was probably last maintained in about 1930 and no doubt Ansel used it as the main thoroughfare before Hwy 190 existed. Pretty cool actually and my Land Rover loved it. :D

Btw, the colour version:

Last edited:

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Thanks for the comments about the Owens Valley shot. It was my first stab at B&W using the C1 B&W features & masking and using my laptop in the hotel last night. Although I like it, I think I need to have another stab at it using PS and the IQ160/Alpa files. It was quite the scene there that evening and an enjoyable off road jaunt along an interesting old road!

I'll give them some slack on this one. I think it was probably last maintained in about 1930 and no doubt Ansel used it as the main thoroughfare before Hwy 190 existed. Pretty cool actually and my Land Rover loved it. :D

Btw, the colour version:

Great image. I prefer the b&w as it is more dramatic.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
So I'm trying hard to get a handle on Lightroom 4, since I have to teach classes on it the week after it's released (which is a real pain, because it is horribly sluggish). Working on a shot from my last trip to Maui, and after about 30 minutes I'm worried this shot (which is not my typical seascape shot) is nice but nothing special .. can't decide if the emotional part of shooting it is distracting me a little (amazing surf and I haven't seen many rainbows this bright). Any thoughts appreciated.

PhaseOne Df, 75-150 at 115mm, 1/8 at f/29 ISO 35

Thierry

some fantastic images since last time.

Special :thumbup: to "Pramote", "Paul", "Tim" & "Graham" (superb B&W and Colour image)

Thierry

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This maybe my next lens after i rob the bank Cambo AE , IQ 160 and Rodie 28mm. Man do I like the look of this lens.

This one is a 3 Shot Vertical stitch with the SK 60mm certainly my current love. Badwater Death Valley

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Graham,

+ 6 or whatever to that image -- and I prefer the B&W too! You need to print that one up for the wall, GREAT stormy sky!

Quentin_Bargate

Guy, great Death Valley work. Did you use front or rear tilt?

Graham, I marginally prefer the B&W version, but either would look great hanging on my wall.

Wayne, love the shot with the rainbow.

Tim, thanks, and more great work

A real pleasure to see such creative talent on this group.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We really had some great shooters on the workshop , look forward to seeing there final postings. Thanks for the compliment still have a lot to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.