The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: A winter's evening lighting exercise

IQ180 with SK 110 LS on 645DF. Plenty of sauce to the PP but only to make very subtle changes. Two lights, one barn door on the background with a cutter and one softbox at 8 o'clock. Tethered using an iPad to trigger and review.

As you can see, the nights are long here at the moment!

So simple, so beuriful! Fantastic lighting.
Thanks very much Tim for sharing.
Pramote

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Actually I do portrait orientation as well. This one it looks like I did not. I just go what moves me. Landscape work for me is my personal work, no clients, no one to answer too and it is extremely freeing to me. Right now i am going through this i don't want to shoot commercially anymore unless the job really motivates me to do it. The age old question is how to make a living not doing commercial work, if I can figure that out man I would be one happy camper. LOL

The morning I shot these I only went out with a few folks since the rest wanted to sleep in the next time we went I did not shoot at all and just helped others. Jack and I do this often as we don't always shoot on the workshops and just help other folks get there images.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
More Death Valley ... Everyone else had run off for dinner from Rhyolite after the sun dropped over the horizon but Amr and I stayed to play with some light painting as I had a couple of 2m candle lights and he had a coloured torch. Lot's of colour varieties but I liked this one as my lamp rapidly died.

Rhyolite Ghost & Post Sunset
DF P25+ 75-150D

jlm

Workshop Member
since guy mentioned my shot (in the tech camera thread, but not here...and this was a two shot pano, 70R, portrait, IQ160

tashley

Subscriber Member
Really cool Graham - looks like the statue on the top of the sugarloaf in Rio. Great light.

More Death Valley ... Everyone else had run off for dinner from Rhyolite after the sun dropped over the horizon but Amr and I stayed to play with some light painting as I had a couple of 2m candle lights and he had a coloured torch. Lot's of colour varieties but I liked this one as my lamp rapidly died.

Rhyolite Ghost & Post Sunset
DF P25+ 75-150D

Craig Stocks

As it turns out, I was in Death Valley last week as well, but not part of the workshop. Here's my attempt at capturing the moon setting over Zabriskie Point on Thursday morning. I used a split ND filter to hold detail in the moon. The pano is a seven image stitch from a P65+ so it's quite large, about 36 by 90 inches at 240 PPI. I also included a 100% crop of the moon.

Craig Stocks

I did see a couple of folks on the top of the ridge, but I removed them in PS. You must have had a much better view from there. Also, by the time I left there was quite a crowd of photographers gathered out in front of the main viewing area.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Graham

I love the image of the Rhyolite Ghost. You need to frame that and hang it. It is lit perfectly. I guess I left a bit too early to get that light in the sky.

etrump

Inspired by Johns pre-dawn shots at Zabriske Point. Thought I would do a little work on mine.

Here is a 4 shot Pano with the 60 SK

Than a couple single shots with the same lens

Love these Guys. Been trying to get a shot from this spot for a couple of years but I always seem to cruise through at the wrong time or conditions are not good. I especially like the pano, you are getting some great stuff with the SK60.

etrump

since guy mentioned my shot (in the tech camera thread, but not here...and this was a two shot pano, 70R, portrait, IQ160
Fantastic. I might have been tempted to remove the moon. The light and colors are so amazing the blurry moon seems to detract from the scenes magic.

Either way a wonderful view! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.