The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Pramote's fabulous shot in Mexico prompted me to rexamine some shots taken last summer. I had posted one from this series on the 645D thread, but wasn't really happy with it. Here are two different versions of the same scene taken seconds apart. Many elements of a good landscape are present: color, setting sun, cresent moon, blurred water...yet, it's not obvious to me which version is the better, so any input from the collective wisdom of this group would be appreciated.

Tom

horizonal by tsjanik47, on Flickr

crop_IGP9994_2171 copy (1) by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Shashin

Tom, excellent. My preference is for the second as the foreground seem so solid compared with the dream-like quality of the rest of the image. But both are beautiful.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Tom for your complement.
The second photo is remarkable. I love the foreground, silky water leading to fiery sky and a crescent moon. Color is just perfect.
Cheers,
Pramote

Shashin

Visited Owl Head Lighthouse this afternoon. Made a quick 5-image panorama. 55mm. Handheld. Except for the stitching, the images are straight from the camera.

Last edited:

darr

From a series I am working on about everyday life:

Shirts, 3/2011
Alpa Max + SK 72xl + P45

Last edited:

darr

Nice photo, but aren't those 2012 shirts?
Thanks Stephen. Actually I made that shot on 3/11/2011. I post it here because I posted it on my blog. I never have a lot of time for posting, but I sure do love to look at folks' work and feel I need to reciprocate when I can. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few quick-process from the Capture Integration Miami event. Saw some old friends and made several new ones, plus we made some time to shoot a little. Worked these up on my laptop and will rework them on the big machine hopefully this week. We stopped at Clyde Butcher's studio -- his gallery of amazing B&W images was a motivator to say the least, plus he was a delightful guy to talk photography with. A memorable experience for sure!

B&W conversions all done in C1, processed as shot. The first 3 image are with the 40HR on my Arca tech cam, the last one is the 70HR on my Arca tech cam. All used tilt plus varying amounts of fall. It's pretty dark in under the swamp canopy and exposures hovered around 1 second @ f11 ISO 35. C & C welcome:

PS: Yes, I *AM* wading in about 18" of gator and water moccasin swamp with my phase kit tripod submerged to get those first three images, and yes I was a little nervous and spent a lot of my time looking behind me! But IMHO the images were worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The last image is taken from the top of a swamp buggy in a drier area.

PPS: Here is a link to Clyde's website -- lot's of amazing B&W images: http://www.clydebutcher.com/online-gallery.cfm?holdcategory=1

kuau

Workshop Member
Jack,
I have never been to Clyde Butcher's studio but I have seen his books, amazing work..
Also nice images btw

Steven

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jack,
I have never been to Clyde Butcher's studio but I have seen his books, amazing work..
Also nice images btw

Steven
I have got CLYDE BUTCHER : Nature's Places of Spiritual Sanctuary as a birthday present some years ago .
A great book by a great photographer .
When I saw Jack's images , I immediately thought of Clyde Butcher .

Shashin

PS: Yes, I *AM* wading in about 18" of gator and water moccasin swamp with my phase kit tripod submerged to get those first three images, and yes I was a little nervous and spent a lot of my time looking behind me!
No one alive today has said it is a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.