The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Thanks Graham no more from today however we're leaving Atlanta in the morning and will shortly be passing through Memphis and Houston before spending a day in the White Sands. If I don't do anything in Memphis I should in White Sands.

Don

Don Libby

I took this one outside a couple days ago. While it could have/should have been sharper this is what helped me decide to buy the lens. Even with breezy conditions I could see the potential.

f/11 1/250 ISO50 DF/120 manual P65+

This truly is the last one for awhile as I'll be on the road for a couple days.

Don

vieri

Granma at 85

A little different than what usually posted here, this is a portrait of my grandma, 85 y.o. and kicking b.tt! :D Here she is at her writing table (she wrote all her life for herself, but started having her work published in the last five years, and is now keeping at it intensively! I wish I'll have a tenth of her energy if and when I'll hit 85):

Taken with a Hassy 501 CM, 80mm, Leaf Aptus II 12R, 2 Nikon Speedlights to the rescue with Honl modifiers.

dick

¿Does anyone use LED lighting for studio macro?

A nice fan-cooled pro studio flash pack is £6,000, and you cannot get fiber-optic adapters any more, so why not LED?
I've decided to start looking for lighting now to go along with the 120 and one of the ones I'm looking at is a LED ring light.
Ring-lights can be useful as fill, but I want a single LED bulb with an integral lens on a flexible stalk, e.g. as a spectral light for a diamond, or to light a small part of a subject 1cm or smaller.

What ID ring-light would you need for your macro? ... fortunately the Apo-Digitars are small.

darr

Re: Granma at 85

A little different than what usually posted here, this is a portrait of my grandma, 85 y.o. and kicking b.tt! :D Here she is at her writing table (she wrote all her life for herself, but started having her work published in the last five years, and is now keeping at it intensively! I wish I'll have a tenth of her energy if and when I'll hit 85):

Taken with a Hassy 501 CM, 80mm, Leaf Aptus II 12R, 2 Nikon Speedlights to the rescue with Honl modifiers.
A wonderful person your Grandmother is! I A lovely portrait that will be cherished for generations.

Kind regards,
Darr

vieri

Re: Granma at 85

A wonderful person your Grandmother is! I A lovely portrait that will be cherished for generations.

Kind regards,
Darr
Thank you Darr, yeah she's pretty great - to us at least she is, we are really grateful for her :D

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Just got back from a workshop my store held in Monument valley, we had native american photographer Mylo Fowler (who mainly shoots 4x5 film) organize and lead it. Weather was iffy, but I got a some nice things.

Totem Pole, DF with schneider 55 at f/4.5 (which I found wasn't very sharp), this is a manual HDR, still some work to do.

Hunts Mesa, DF with schneider 55, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35

Hunts Mesa, DF with 28mm, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35
wasn't the weather I was hoping for but the wind/sandstorm gives these an interesting mood.

The magenta blotches are something I've been struggling with ... still unclear where they are coming from ... I've spent several hours trying to rule out C1/LR4/CS5 & 6. Still no clue. I've printed the totem pole shot with no problems, I'm getting some kind of artifacts mainly when I down rez. I'm also worried about a back issue that is exacerbated when I down rez this far.

tsjanik

Just got back from a workshop my store held in Monument valley, we had native american photographer Mylo Fowler (who mainly shoots 4x5 film) organize and lead it. Weather was iffy, but I got a some nice things.

Those are wonderful. The iffy weather gives a 3D quality to the last two which is amazing.

Tom

Lloyd

Those are wonderful.

Tom
Big plus one from me, Wayne. I especially love that last two. One rarely sees these sorts of photos from Monument Valley, and while always impressive, the usual type are, well, usual. BTW, the sky in the third shot was worth the trip. wish it was in the second too. :clap::clap::clap:

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
Thanks Tom. This is a project for me, to photograph one vineyard for an entire year. This vineyard has minimal production, three thousand cases a year. It sells for $300 a bottle. I have one, have not opened it yet. The vineyard has four workers in the vineyard, year round, every day. It is meticulous, as you will see. One of the most expensive vineyard managers out there...
My English Setters are loving this, we go several times a feel, and they run the rows!!!

There are things to be said for rustic. Napa was once rustic, now it feels like Disneyland.

Last edited:
S

Shelby Lewis

A quick workup from a headshot session today... RZ67 IID, Aptus II 6, 180mm

Status
Not open for further replies.