The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnygoesdigital

Just got back from a workshop my store held in Monument valley, we had native american photographer Mylo Fowler (who mainly shoots 4x5 film) organize and lead it. Weather was iffy, but I got a some nice things.

Totem Pole, DF with schneider 55 at f/4.5 (which I found wasn't very sharp), this is a manual HDR, still some work to do.

Hunts Mesa, DF with schneider 55, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35

Hunts Mesa, DF with 28mm, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35
wasn't the weather I was hoping for but the wind/sandstorm gives these an interesting mood.

The magenta blotches are something I've been struggling with ... still unclear where they are coming from ... I've spent several hours trying to rule out C1/LR4/CS5 & 6. Still no clue. I've printed the totem pole shot with no problems, I'm getting some kind of artifacts mainly when I down rez. I'm also worried about a back issue that is exacerbated when I down rez this far.
Wayne,

These are stunning! Just the perfect amount of everything!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just got back from a workshop my store held in Monument valley, we had native american photographer Mylo Fowler (who mainly shoots 4x5 film) organize and lead it. Weather was iffy, but I got a some nice things.
Wayne, LOVE the first Hunt's Mesa shot -- incredible light! :thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

LOVE the lighthouse shot! It looks vaguely familiar, I just can't put my finger on it though...

jlm

Workshop Member
Cape Blanco, near Port Orford, ring a bell? ;)

caretaker

and the bulb, about the size of half a bratwurst; does the whole job. note poor chromatic correction on the fresnel (a hell of a fresnel!)

Last edited:

tsjanik

No great lighthouse shots, but the shoreline of a lake with more shipwrecks than the Bermuda Triangle - Lake Erie in a rare calm moment.
Tom

_IGP7448 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

etrump

Totem Pole, DF with schneider 55 at f/4.5 (which I found wasn't very sharp), this is a manual HDR, still some work to do.

Hunts Mesa, DF with schneider 55, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35

Hunts Mesa, DF with 28mm, 1/25th at f/12 iso 35
wasn't the weather I was hoping for but the wind/sandstorm gives these an interesting mood.

The magenta blotches are something I've been struggling with ... still unclear where they are coming from ... I've spent several hours trying to rule out C1/LR4/CS5 & 6. Still no clue. I've printed the totem pole shot with no problems, I'm getting some kind of artifacts mainly when I down rez. I'm also worried about a back issue that is exacerbated when I down rez this far.
Magenta blochiness??? In the sky of the Totem image?

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Magenta blochiness??? In the sky of the Totem image?
not sure how well it shows up, but it seems to be some noise artifacts exacerbated by the reduction in size and jpeg. I can see it on my screen, very subtle, but the sky is incredibly smooth and clean in prints (which is what counts). I've really never seen it before, hoping it's related to the other issues. The back is on it's way to Denmark for a recalibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.