The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigrudlin

Has anyone any experience comparing helicon focus with
Zerene Stacker as to which is easier to use, creates less
halos and other artifacts, etc.?

Thanks!

Wonderful shot Gareth.
Beautiful images Serge.
Thanks for your comment Nathan.
Lovely shot Paolo.
Very cool Bill.
Amazing work Quentin.

Here is my last aerialist post.
H4d-40 and 28mm HCD.

Quentin_Bargate

Great work everyone, I find this thread inspirational :)

One last "stacked" image. This from a small village called Clovelly in Devon, England. I wanted to keep the whole image pin sharp, from the ropes in the foregound to the far path, which was impossible without stacking. This took just 3 shots a F/11, with the 28mm on the H4D-50. The file was later converted to monochrome and tinted.

andreleon

Bonjour à tous,
Awsome pic.Quentin. Please could you explain "stacking" and " 3 shots at F.11. Thanks from a dummy new to MF. Cheers .

jlm

Workshop Member
a shot that convinced me about Helicon stacking three shots, as I recall, blad 16mp back
first shot focused on barrel, then a shot on intermediate wheels, then far wheels

Don Libby

Here is my last aerialist post.
H4d-40 and 28mm HCD.
Joe (The Smoking Camera)

I'm compelled to do more than "Like" your aerialist (red scarf) series...

The location, color and artistry all scream out to me. Work like this makes me almost want to do more than simple landscape.

Great job.

Don

Don Libby

Bonjour à tous,
Awsome pic.Quentin. Please could you explain "stacking" and " 3 shots at F.11. Thanks from a dummy new to MF. Cheers .
I'm not Quentin however allow me to help.

Stacking refers to shooting the same image several times using the same setting for each except changing the focal point ever so slightly. I've taken up to 11 images when processed together show a finish image where everything is in sharp focus. The technique is sometimes called stacking. Stacking can be done with any camera that allows the photographer to manually manipulate the focusing ring of the lens. Likewise you can mount the camera on a focusing rail and move the entire camera.

Hope this helps.

Don

Don Libby

SergieR

I've been meaning to take the time to actually respond instead of just "liking".

Your recent black & white images are stunning. Setting aside, it reminds me of the 50's movies and maybe Casablanca. Stunning work.

Don

Thanks again Nathan, Sergei and thank you Don for the kind words. Yes, Sergei, I need to fix that. Well I certainly wish I could shoot stunning landscapes like you, Don. I once read if you included a ballerina in any location it would take your image to a new level. I now feel the same about an aerialist. When a client first approached me about a non-paying fun shoot I was skeptical. But when she showed me the location and the performer I reconsidered. The combination of urban, nature, acrobatics, color, etc etc was too intriguing to pass up. Fortunately, it came together well.

OK, one more photo just for fun.
H4d-40 28mm HCD.

Nathan W. Lediard

Another portrait with the H4D-40 and the 50-110 wide open at 110mm iso 800, Arri fresnel lights... no retouch here apart from the mono conversion in silver efex pro

Kirmo

My first picture to this forum.Hope I get it right!

I regulary visit Hainan Island for a project to photograph and document the change that is happening there. I go to the same small villages, meet same people. Try to go 2-3 times a year. Done this for almost 5 years. Next trip after a week.

Here is a young mother, had dinner at their home a year earlier. Visited last november and was suprised to see she had a baby! Will give her this picture on my next trip.

Taken by DF + IQ180 with 80 LS. Hand held 1/125 f 3.2

My best shot from novemebr trip. Love to make this print bigger.

Enjoy, Kirmo

Status
Not open for further replies.