The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Even with the compositional errors... I kinda like the mood of this one.

RZIID/Aptus II 6/110

Nathan W. Lediard

On my way from a hard days work in the pixel mines and was greeted with this site on the road home.... even though it was 9 pm and 14 hours since I left home I "had" to stop the car.. When I see this it means I am am home.. but I have never really gotten around to stopping the car and taking a pic (people photographer you see :) ) Well the evening sun strafing over the peaks persuaded me that maybe I should stop...

Hd4-40 50-110 at 110 f16

Don Libby

When I see this it means I am am home.. but I have never really gotten around to stopping the car and taking a pic (people photographer you see :) ) Well the evening sun strafing over the peaks persuaded me that maybe I should stop...
Nice! Especially like that you were able to get the public works folks to add your watermark on the road.
:D

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
working on a few more of my images from Monument Valley trip last month. Stopped at House on Fire on the way from Moab to Monument Valley. shot about 11:00am which worked out pretty good, the light bouncing off the rock face up into the overhanging rock formation. Pretty cool place, lots of interesting images spring to ones imagination during the short hike there as you think about those that actually lived in this place ..

PhaseOneDF/IQ180 with 28mm 1/13th sec at f/11, ISO 35

Last edited:

mvirtue

Nice work everyone!

Got out the strobe and shot a few pics of the kids yesterday... not my usual stuff. The backlight is the sun in both of these, main light is a single strobe with an umbrella box.

RZIID, Aptus II 6, 110/2.8

Cheers!
Shelby
Nice set as usual Shelby!

mvirtue

Wow step away from the forum for a couple of months and come back to all this eye candy. It is really cool to see the vast array of amazingly different, unique and inspiring work. Need to get my butt in gear.

Don Libby

working on a few more of my images from Monument Valley trip last month. Stopped at House on Fire on the way from Moab to Monument Valley. shot about 11:00am which worked out pretty good, the light bouncing off the rock face up into the overhanging rock formation. Pretty cool place, lots of interesting images spring to ones imagination during the short hike there as you think about those that actually lived in this place ..

PhaseOneDF/IQ180 with 28mm 1/13th sec at f/11, ISO 35
Glad to see you made it here, wonderful spot. I was here last year around the same time. Still looking for the Dollhouse which is supossed to be close by.

Don

malmac

Don, this is an inspiring image. Even more so given that it is hand held.

Have been thinking of a macro for the Phase 1.

Mal

malmac

Well here is an image from the Phase 1 taken in our new but smallish studio.
We have three step ladders but I like this one the most.
It seems more appealing for some reason.

Mal

Don Libby

Don, this is an inspiring image. Even more so given that it is hand held.

Have been thinking of a macro for the Phase 1.

Mal
Thanks Mal. While I'm primarily a landscape photographer I do add "nature" to the mix and what better way than to get in close. I love my Cambo however it doesn't offer the abilities that the DF does so their a good mix. I decided I wanted to get back into "near-macro" shortly after returning to the DF and was faced with choices of either the Mamiya or Phase One 120mm macro. My first thought was getting the auto-focus however after thinking it through and talking to people I trust (Ken and Dave) I opted for the older manual focus which has turned out to be the best move.

Bottom line is if you're thinking about macro then look at the Mamiya 120mm f/4 as it's inexpensive (compared to other lenses) easy to focus (and I wear tri-focal eyeglasses) and not at all too heavy.

I'm still searching for an ant or bee that's willing to be a mode....

Don

malmac

Don, Thanks for the advice re the lens choice for the Phase 1 macro.

We have some really good Canon Macro gear, however when we travel with our motocycle and trailer, I have to limit what we take for reasons of weight.
Also I just love working with the IQ files - it feels wothwhile to spend a lot of time on a large file where as with the smaller Canon files I spend just as much time and end up with a lesser result.

I will start looking around for a lens -

Do you use a macro rail and focus stack your images?

mal

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
I use the Phase One 120mm macro. No rail. Stunningly great lens, and it competes with my Nikon 105mm macro on a regular basis.

I have built a nice collection of the Mamiya and Phase One lenses.

45mm Probably gets the most use these days...
80mm Nice but not my go to.
120mm Very nice, used sparingly
150mm oops, forgot this one. I do use it, mostly for portraits.
105-210mm Can't remember the last time I used it.
300mm Sometimes, but sparingly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.