The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick

Unfortunately, while it's difficult to tell, the ground slopes quite a ways upward toward the trees. As such, to have gained a higher perspective, it would have required much more than extending my tripod's legs. . . it would have required a ladder. Stepping back would have only further obfuscated the interesting rocks in the background, as I would have continued to descend. So, while I agree with you about the "fore/center/background" divisions, it simply was not completely possible for this image (without a ladder).

Thanks!
I had a slightly similar situation the other day - and I could not as far away from the subject as I would have liked, because of sloping ground - but I do have a 10m tripod which would have helped! (I do not always have it in my gadget bag - in fact I have to use a trailer to move it as I do not a a vehicle large enough!

aboudd

Seattle's Sculpture Park

We stopped for two days in Seattle on our way to Hawaii. The thought of spending 12 hours plus overlay time in transit for one day was simply too much for me. It was a worthwhile stop. Aside from the flying fish at Pike Market the Seattle Art Museum's Sculpture Park is a fascinating venue.

Two fascinating pieces are the Wave, constructed as the hull of a ship and Oldenberg's Typewriter eraser. I chose a an atypical angle for the eraser using the carless highway and skyline as reference elements. For the Wave, I was fascinated by the negative space between the elements and the office building in the background.

Images ©2012, Aboud Dweck

Last edited:

tsjanik

Emerging purple beech leaves. They come out almost overnight. Very little PP, these are the colors that show up in spring, which in some ways is more colorful than fall. 645D, 67 300mm ED

Tom

gerald.d

One more from last week. Loads more available if people are interested.

AF, IQ180, Mamiya 200mm f/2.8

(One thing that I'm absolutely kicking myself about is that it didn't even occur to me to shoot some long-exposure shots. Oh well, there's always next year!)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
An overshot icon, but just finished working up a new version I took last month. Still don't have the shot I want from Mesa Arch ... think I'm going to try in the Nov-Jan time frame so the sun is all they way to the right side of the arch.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180, Mamiya 45mm, two exposures, 1/3rd and 1/30th of a second at f/22 masked by hand in Photoshop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Cancun, Mexico
Phase One IQ 180 with DF
Mamiya 35mm AF, Lee Big Stopper (10-stop ND) and 0.6 GND
ISO 50, f/12, 60 sec.

Have a great weekend!
Cheers,

Colorado one day, Cancun the next. Lifestyles of the rich and famous. :cool:

Dreamy image. I'd suggest cropping up from the bottom, eliminating the lowermost rock (and dark shapes). I'd probably crop down from the top a little, too, just to keep the horizon at about the upper third line. This was a difficult to execute image. Congrats.

Joe

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote,

Colorado one day, Cancun the next. Lifestyles of the rich and famous. :cool:

Dreamy image. I'd suggest cropping up from the bottom, eliminating the lowermost rock (and dark shapes). I'd probably crop down from the top a little, too, just to keep the horizon at about the upper third line. This was a difficult to execute image. Congrats.

Joe
Thanks so much Joe for your comment! I hope you were right about rich and famous :)
Tripod was hit by heavy waves the whole time and it was 60 sec! I was wet and had not much time to think.
Have a great weekend, my friend!
Pramote

malmac

Love coming on the forum to see what people are doing - it is an inspiration.
Up early yesterday and tripped over this on the way back to our camp site.

Mal

D

Deleted member 7792

Love coming on the forum to see what people are doing - it is an inspiration.
Up early yesterday and tripped over this on the way back to our camp site.

Mal
Mal,

Sweeeet! The foliage that is backlit on the right really makes the image special. Your file naming (3266-iq180-sk-ls-80mm-lens-taken-main-range-national-park-southern-queensland-1-30-sec-f11-iso-100-rrs-tripod-head) is the most specific I've ever seen. :bugeyes:

Cheers,

Joe

malmac

Joe

I am really hopeless with this image posting - I thought I was putting this info into the description on our gallery page. Appears I got that wrong.

Hopefully some folk will have a laugh at my expense.

Cheers

mal

Sheldon N

Went wandering in the wooded trails near our house with my kids this afternoon. Lots of mud and fun, found this cool old tree to play in too.

RZ67 Pro II + Aptus 22, 110mm f/2.8 wide open, multi frame stitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.