The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

to all the folks posting pictures of people ....

Great to see that MFDB and MF film still works with models!

That is about all I shoot with MF. It would seem that most of this kind of work is done by Pros not us hobbyists and thus you need to buy a glossy book/magazine to see it.

Best;

Dave

Said magazines arent really all MF anymore. Playboy has been shooting with 5dII since it was out. People used to rent RZ67 to do good submissions, not anymore. Its good to be elite ;)

MaxKißler

Great capture Pramote. Was that done with the 65mm W or with the 65mm L-A?

I love the Velvia 50 but end up using Provia all the time because of its long exposure capabilities.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks very much ckhfrankie, shelby and MaxLibler.
It was 65mm W. It is an exceptional lens although got mixed reviews.
The Mamiya RZ pro II (D) has always been one of my all time favorite.
You're right it's heavy but view finder and film size alone are well worth it.

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Seem ti be getting some kind of odd disorder where I keep stopping my van on the way to/from paid shoots to capture panoramas like this... could I be getting the landscape bug? will this mean I suddenly get the urge to get up at 3 in the morning for better light? hmm...

Centralpart of a 20 image stitch from the H4d-40 with the 50-110 at the long end and a polarising filter.

Shashin

In honor of the M9M--as last something else to talk about instead of the D800! I was out in my woods last evening. Pentax 645D, D FA 55mm, ISO 800, f/4, 1/50s, handheld.

tsjanik

Here's a very wind-blown Lake Erie. I took this last fall and although it had a quality that was appealing, I never did anything with it. I have discovered what I like about the image: the similar shape of the waves and the clouds.

Tom

jerome

Jerome, that Utah shot is a great candidate for B&W ... :thumbup:

I hope you don't mind but I ran it through Silver Efex Pro 2 and it renders up very nicely!
It is a very nice version, so I did my own ! In fact, I never used Siver Efect, and as I was unable to get the quality of Graham's b&w conversion, I decided to get this software.

So here my first trial :)

Thanks Graham !

Aryan Aqajani

Just a couple of shots from my latest portrait photo shoot. You can see the rest of the series on A Moment in Autumn

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Kodak Porta 160 + Epson V700 + Sekonic L-758DR + beautiful natural light, no reflector! All Handheld!

Thank you guys in advance for any comments/critiques/likes! Really appreciate it :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Love this model and backdrop but the straight on view doesn't seem to flatter her as well as the other angles. Maybe having her turn slightly would have been better.
Thanks for the feedback Ed... this was a day of experimenting with diverse ideas, and I quite agree... I was very much in doubt about this myself, but threw it up to see if I got a reaction, your reaction confirms my suspicions, this shot is "almost, but not quite" if you know what I mean... :)

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.