The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

Just a couple of shots from my latest portrait photo shoot. You can see the rest of the series on A Moment in Autumn

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Kodak Porta 160 + Epson V700 + Sekonic L-758DR + beautiful natural light, no reflector! All Handheld!

Thank you guys in advance for any comments/critiques/likes! Really appreciate it :)

Wonderful shots in gorgeous natural light! really enjoyed the rest of them on your webpage too.
Love the way film renders highlights in natural light, and so far my H4D-40 has come the closest to that gentle roll off in the highlights I have seen in a digital camera... no the same as film for sure, but certainly getting there!

Aryan Aqajani

Wonderful shots in gorgeous natural light! really enjoyed the rest of them on your webpage too.
Love the way film renders highlights in natural light, and so far my H4D-40 has come the closest to that gentle roll off in the highlights I have seen in a digital camera... no the same as film for sure, but certainly getting there!
Thank you Nathan, that's very kind of you :) I have really fallen in love with how color negative renders highlights with really amazing color palette! You are dead right about the digital backs! Although they may have greater dynamic range but they still produce different tones! My DM22 back is sitting in the bag for commercial work ONLY :ROTFL:

Nathan W. Lediard

A little break from the blonde outdoors, time for a few from a fun recent studio shoot....

H4D-40 + 80mm wide open at f2.8 200 iso 1/500th One single 650 watt Arri tungsten fresnel...

H4D-40 + 80mm wide open at f2.8 iso 400, 1/90th hand held same lamp, just turned the girl around so lamp behind her, face is lit by reflected light off the wall...

Now with profoto 5' octa with grid 80mm again at f11 1/350

Now with the gridded magnum on the left and a strip soft box coming in from the right
HC 50-110 @ 110 f/11 1/500

Nathan W. Lediard

Right im off home for the weekend, ill leave you all with this one from a shoot this week...

taken with my Mamiya c330f and the 180mm lens... Fuji T64 tungsten film (E6) cross processed in c41 chemicals.. fresh out of the soup today and straight into the v750 for your viewing pleasure :)

Shashin

Just having fun today. Five image stitch. Skies are tricky and I am going to have to spend more time on that, but this a quick a dirty edit. Not only is there uneven luminance in the sky, there is actually a color shift as well.

Aryan Aqajani

A little break from the blonde outdoors, time for a few from a fun recent studio shoot....
Nathan, I prefer the last couple shots! I am not into highkey very much however, I think the hair highlights on the second shot are almost gone! The last couple shots, light is more directional, softer with beautiful overall tones! I liked them very much indeed, well done :)

ashwinrao1

Just getting my journey started here....went with a easy entry point cost wise and jumped for a used 645D and 75 mm f/2.8...any advise or tips for a newbie into the MF world is greatly appreciated...

The sharpness/croppability factor does impress:

Nothin' too fancy here....but it's a start to a new challenge.

downstairs

Same subject also shot on 8X10 and Leica M9 and posted elsewhere.
Hasselblad CF39-MS back. 80mm lens. I've been comparing formats on a subject with difficult whites. The HB's bracketing is too shallow for useful tone mapping. M9 is a breeze. 8x10 TMax needs a triple scan in the flatbed Epson - a pain.

tsjanik

Just getting my journey started here....went with a easy entry point cost wise and jumped for a used 645D and 75 mm f/2.8...any advise or tips for a newbie into the MF world is greatly appreciated...
Welcome Ashwin. I've seen some of your images on other threads and I think you'll like the 645D; I would suggest you obtain a 35mm and 120mm macro for the camera, and maybe the 150mm FA and ..... ...- it never ends :D. Seriously, the 35 and 120 along with the 75 are a good starting point with this camera.

Tom

tsjanik

When I look at the series of the model in red, they seem to tell a story. I hope you don’t mind, but I‘ve supplied some captions.

Tom

Waiting for boyfriend, who is late

The car has broken down. The boyfriend has the hood up. Girl thinking “What is taking so long?”

Girl says” Well if you can’t fix the car I know how to get a passerby to stop”

tsjanik

Just having fun today. Five image stitch. Skies are tricky and I am going to have to spend more time on that, but this a quick a dirty edit. Not only is there uneven luminance in the sky, there is actually a color shift as well.
Shashin:

This has a very IR look, did you do anything special?

Status
Not open for further replies.