The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesto

This is a cloudless sulphur caterpillar that was feeding on a cassia tree in my back yard. These are interesting creatures; while feeding on the green leaves, they are green but become yellow when feeding on the trees yellow flowers. Shooting this little fellow was a challenge given that I was using a manual focus lens on a very small critter on a windy day not to mention that his camouflage made him difficult to find to begin with
Shot with P1 DF, 120 f/4 Macro, and P40+...the images are progressive crops shot from ~ 2 feet away.
Thanks for looking

Last edited:

dick

This is a cloudless sulphur caterpillar that was feeding on a cassia tree in my back yard. These are interesting creatures; while feeding on the green leaves, they are green but become yellow when feeding on the trees yellow flowers. Shooting this little fellow was a challenge given that I was using a manual focus lens on a very small critter on a windy day not to mention that his camouflage made him difficult to find to begin with
Shot with P1 DF, 120 f/4 Macro, and P40+...the images are progressive crops shot from ~ 2 feet away.
Thanks for looking
How big are the critters?
It seems that the cropped sensor area used might be about 18 * 24 mm or micro 4/3?

I am putting together a medium format macro system, using a Macro-Digitar 120 for about 1:3 to 3:1 and a Sinaron Digital macro 5.6/120 CMV macro 120 for 1:5 to 1: 1 or 2:1, and a set of Zeiss Luminar lenses for 1:1 to 40:1, but, for live insects I was thinking about using my Micro-Niokkor 200 on my GH2, as it would give about the same DOF as I think you have here?

Just a snapshot as I switched to the RZ now, my daughter spotted a 'princess' and wanted a picture with her. I think this was about the 6th shot on that body.

And my daughter being very excited about the whole thing.

darr

Just a snapshot as I switched to the RZ now, my daughter spotted a 'princess' and wanted a picture with her. I think this was about the 6th shot on that body.

And my daughter being very excited about the whole thing.

Your daughter is precious! Good for you for capturing these moments!
My son is now 23, a Lieutenant in the Air Force and I do remember some of the precious moments of his childhood.
Looking at these photos brings me back to those special days. Thank you!! :thumbs:

Kind regards,
Darr

pesto

Hello Dick,
These guys are about 1/4 inch in diameter and 1 1/2 long. While what you are considering sounds like a great way to go,I have been very happy with my PhaseOne set up...now if I could just get the wind to cooperate.:banghead:

Douglas Benson

dick

Hello Dick,
These guys are about 1/4 inch in diameter and 1 1/2 long. While what you are considering sounds like a great way to go,I have been very happy with my PhaseOne set up...now if I could just get the wind to cooperate.:banghead:

Douglas Benson
One solution for the wind is to use a few flashes - but this would be easier with an assistant to hold the main light.

jlm

Workshop Member
one of the monstrous old buildings in the navy yard; many photos taken in there, but it is about to be "modernized"

jlm

Workshop Member
a pastoral scene, Brooklyn version; sketching houseboats on the Gowanus Canal, reminds one of Venice, eh? ;)

jlm

Workshop Member
another Brooklyn morning, over by the cement plant, under the Gowanus expressway, canal right behind, fixing the car on the street. two shot pano, autogigapan merge, 70 rodie, iq160

Your daughter is precious! Good for you for capturing these moments!
My son is now 23, a Lieutenant in the Air Force and I do remember some of the precious moments of his childhood.
Looking at these photos brings me back to those special days. Thank you!! :thumbs:

Kind regards,
Darr
Aww Darr, thank you too!

Don Libby

Lower Schwabacher Landing leads to the Snake River and is 4 1/2 miles north of Moose Junction. Gotta love a place called "Moose". Phase One DF, P65+, 80mm f/11 1/250 ISO50.

Don

MaxKißler

Here are a some images from my recent trip to Denmark. All shot with the RZ67 Pro II and 65mm W.

I guess this is one of these images almost every landscape photographer has already done. But it is particularly significant to me as it taught me to focus on foreground objects more often. I totally underestimated the OOF region.
Next time I'll be focussing hyperfocally.

Acros 100

Provia 400

Status
Not open for further replies.