The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4fun

Hello,
I recently posting in Nikon, Leica "Fun image" thread, now, this is my 1st post in MF, I hope I don't get lots of sticks :) I rarely use my H1D-22, but every time I use it, I really happy with it and it's 1 of the thing I will likely to keep, even thought it's really old.
H1D with 80mm f2.8

Last edited:

tsjanik

Just for " Fun with MF"; this is not a photograph anymore, at least in my mind. I was playing with the oil paint and liquify filters in PS; I applied them to a photo of a milkweed pod. My wife and a visiting neighbor thought the result wonderful. I have mixed feelings.

645D and 120mm macro, not that it's meaningful at this point :)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Great shot, Tsjanik! My only thought is you might crop the very top to get rid of those tiny white areas on the left. The rest is fascinating! I'm with your wife and neighbor.
Bill

gerald.d

How does it handle the blending? I have been having fits with ps pano leaving stitch marks in the sky. When the light is changing rapidly the difference from one exposure to the next seems to really cause problems even in CS6
Apologies - only just noticed this question.

Blending is very good indeed. In the past I've had problems with vignetting, but shooting an LCC fixes that. I'm just processing a 109-shot pano that was taken with the Mamiya 200mm f/2.8. Shot just half an hour before sunset, so light changing quite quickly. I actually used PTGui for this one because AutoPano exhibited some weird behaviour (no time to investigate what the problem was). Will post images later.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

gerald.d

Original is 5.5 gigapixels.

Had to just do a screenshot of Photoshop as I don't have time for it to re-size it down to a sensible size :)

Detail 1:

Detail 2:

MaxKißler

Had to just do a screenshot of Photoshop as I don't have time for it to re-size it down to a sensible size :)

Wow, this is just great I love it! :clap: What are its dimensions if you print at 300dpi if I may ask?

Maybe it's just me, but the Burj Khalifa looks like it'd be leaning a tad to the right. Perhaps it's due to the tiny screenshot but you could check the original file.

chaosphere

Hello ! :)
I'm new to digital MF, here is a picture of a french farmer, Denis. H3D-39 (btw to sell) and 50-110mm.

edit : sorry it's very big, i will reduce it tonight.

Flynnyfalcon

Detail 1:

Detail 2:

WOW!!!

I love it! Would it be rude it ask for a 2560 x 1440px crop of the image (with all of the Burj). I think I've found my new wallpaper for my MacPro!!!

What was it shot with?

gerald.d

WOW!!!

I love it! Would it be rude it ask for a 2560 x 1440px crop of the image (with all of the Burj). I think I've found my new wallpaper for my MacPro!!!

What was it shot with?
I'll see what I can do when I get back home next week :)

IQ180, Phase One AF, Mamiya 200mm f/2.8, Seitz VR Drive 2.

Don Libby

Just for " Fun with MF"; this is not a photograph anymore, at least in my mind. I was playing with the oil paint and liquify filters in PS; I applied them to a photo of a milkweed pod. My wife and a visiting neighbor thought the result wonderful. I have mixed feelings.

645D and 120mm macro, not that it's meaningful at this point :)
I like it. A lot.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.