The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome

Thank you Jerome ! The farmer was lit with 1 profoto gridded BeautyDish and the background with a gridded NewZoom reflector. H3D-39 and 50-110 on tripod, tethered. It's in Mont du Lyonnais. :)
Thanks !

Mont du Lyonnais is my home ! I live in Lyon and those portraits remind me when I was a child and I was visiting farms where my father used to get some food during the WWII (dans la Bresse).

That's a vanishing world I think ...

chaosphere

HC 28 mm

I test color effect and the sky is also the result of "structure" parameter. I'm not sure with the result that are a bit unnatural indeed.
It's a good mix between the ground which is natural and the sky wich was kind of over-saturated. This 28 is amazing... well, what people do with this 28 is amazing ! :D

jerome

It's a good mix between the ground which is natural and the sky wich was kind of over-saturated. This 28 is amazing... well, what people do with this 28 is amazing ! :D
The HC 28 mm is my favorite lens indeed :)

btw, the sky is much more natural befor jpg conversion for the web

Shashin

Taken yesterday. Bigelow mountain--the three peaks in the center of the image make up Bigelow. From Stratton, Maine. Pentax 645D. 55mm. Handheld. Six vertical images stitched.

Shashin

Darr, you must be too young to recognize flash lamps/cubes. This looks like the lamp used with Polaroid instant cameras.

Last edited:

Shashin

Since we are having fun, try this. Click on the thumbnail to expand it. Then cross your eyes to fuze the images of the two dots so they overlap. What else do you see? Taken with a Pentax 645D and 55mm.

Stan ROX

Fun with old cameras

Hi folks,

this is my first Focus-stacked picture. I took that today in the morning, using my H4D-40 and the 120 mm Macro.

I do not collect old cameras, just found this in a house bought by a friend of mine and thought it would give a nice addition to all my digital stuff. It's not cleaned to show all the years that have passed.

Nothing, special, of course.

Pics have been stacked with Helicon - I'm impressed from the ease and speed.

If you like to see the (almost) 40 Megapixel-details of this old lady, you can get the full-sized jpeg here (zip-file).

Swissblad

Lovely olde lady, Stan.
There was a time when I dreamt of having such a camera, especially the canon A-1 or F-1.
How time passes.
Look forward to seeing more.

dick

Re: Fun with old cameras

Hi folks,

this is my first Focus-stacked picture. I took that today in the morning, using my H4D-40 and the 120 mm Macro.
Hi, Stan...

Did you use the live video focus adjustments for stepping?

The 120 macro is definitely on my wish list for table top work... on the Sinar I can fire the shutter from the computer, but I have to turn a knob to focus (thinking of using my digital calliper for DoF slicing.)

Stan ROX

Re: Fun with old cameras

Hi, Stan...

Did you use the live video focus adjustments for stepping?

The 120 macro is definitely on my wish list for table top work... on the Sinar I can fire the shutter from the computer, but I have to turn a knob to focus (thinking of using my digital calliper for DoF slicing.)
That's how I did that:

- manually focus to the back edge of the hot shoe
- did four focus-steps down (minus) with the Phocus-SW (no live-view)
- fired the gun

After six photos I checked the focus in the phocus (wtf?) and found it sufficient to cover the complete range.

Loaded the .fff into my Demo-Version into Helicon Focus, and whoa !

Stan ROX

Lovely olde lady, Stan.
There was a time when I dreamt of having such a camera, especially the canon A-1 or F-1.
How time passes.
Look forward to seeing more.
I will not keep it. I'm not into collecting, it was just a piece of something I picked up.

If you (or someone else in this forum) would like to have this camera, I'll be glad to fill that gap. Only requesting for the shipping cost.

S.

downstairs

I'm loving these too. Very reminiscent of large format work by Christopher Broadbent.
It's a hasseroid shot for a 4x5 posted by CB elsewhere. As usual, the test looks best.
Here's a real HB with the 50mm lens. Tin cans for recycling.

Last edited:

Frits

Since we are having fun, try this. Click on the thumbnail to expand it. Then cross your eyes to fuze the images of the two dots so they overlap. What else do you see? Taken with a Pentax 645D and 55mm.
Way cool! Very nicely done with the pop up square (with a hole) in front of the dot and the two cut outs, one above and one below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.