The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SCHWARZZEIT

I wanted to see how all the New Years fireworks in front of our balcony culminated into one image. I exposed for the last ten minutes of 2011 and three hours into 2012.
This is world we live in, the way we celebrate: The beauty in the chaos of light in time.

2012 by SCHWARZZEIT, on Flickr

-Dominique

SergeiR

Sergei,

Very nice...The 110mm is a surprisingly good portrait lens. Lighting is such an amazing art form.
Thank you.

With 645's 1.1 crop back on RZ it does become longer than "normal" lens, which makes it mild telephoto (150's mm angle is equal to preferred portrait length on 645).

I don't like "normal" focals , my typical angles are wider or just a tad longer.. Only exception is 12" (~300mm) lenses on 8x10, but its entirely different kettle of fish.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I haven't been out shooting as much this year, but finally found time to make a road trip to shoot something that's been on my bucket list since about 1980 ... Antelope Canyon. Wow, what a place. here are a couple from Lower Antelope ...

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, Schneider LS 55mm, 6 sec at f/16, ISO 35

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, Mamiya 45mm, 5 sec at f/16, ISO 35

Went into upper yesterday and got some nice things, but a little cloudy so no light beams. These type are my favorites shots so no complaints, although I wouldn't mind getting a couple with the beams. Probably try again next year in late April/early May ... some of the beams start showing up by then and their aren't as many people. Also can spend a little more time.

SergeiR

I haven't been out shooting as much this year, but finally found time to make a road trip to shoot something that's been on my bucket list since about 1980 ...
Very nice. I keep wanting to go, but every time i hear about waiting list longer than football field to get into it - i give up. My schedule is so erratic that i can't plan THAT much ahead for free time.. :(

Shashin

Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Madison with the Great Gulf in the foreground. Taken from the Mt. Washington Auto Road in New Hampshire. Pentax 645D. 55mm. Stitched pano shot handheld--Dan is an inspiration. ;)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Very nice. I keep wanting to go, but every time i hear about waiting list longer than football field to get into it - i give up. My schedule is so erratic that i can't plan THAT much ahead for free time.. :(
I hired a friend as a guide, he's doing a workshop for my store in the area in a couple of weeks. He's a native american (if you follow that link, he's also the one playing the flute as music).who shoots 4x5 and recently started shooting some 8x10, really cool guy and takes all the trouble out. He got us photo passes into lower antelope even though they line was quite long and we were able to go straight in, in fact we went in the bottom and worked our way against the traffic. A little bit of a hassle but found it was pretty easy to shoot what we wanted. For upper he arranged with a friend who does photo tours and he took us into rattlesnake canyon then upper. No waiting, no hassle, still lots of people. That being said, I'm not sure the waiting would be that bad, sort of organized, you can sign up tour in town and I think all of them have "photo" tours where the guide knows what photographers are looking for. I don't think the waits are a big deal. (not like getting into the Wave, which is now a daily lottery for 10 passes at the BLM station the day before and 10 passes via the internet I think 4 months before. Only 20 people a day).

As I mentioned, it sounds like best time to go might be late April/early May less people and some of the beams are showing up by then.

Last edited:

SergeiR

I will never forget AZ desert cactuses.... For as long as i live. It is tattooed on the back of my head :) Or bottom... Was trying to get better angle , shooting nudes, and .. well.. I never thought leather wallet could be punctured through so nasty.. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.