The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice Pramote. I was at Sandy Beach on the 6th and 7th of August, too bad we missed each other! I will post my version when I return home; I am currently in a campground in Vermont.

Tom
Thank you Tom for your kind words. We was there in early July and fell in love with the Acadia National Park.
I am looking forward to seeing your work.
Regards,
Pramote

tsjanik

Cap Bon Ami, Gaspé, Quebec. Sunrise at 5:45 am ( it's not easy to get up at that hour). Low lying fog. Pentax 645D, 400mm.

Tom

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks for the kind comments everyone for the pastel shot of Vancouver Island. Here's another from slightly later on the same evening:

DF/IQ160 210 2m @ f/8 ISO50

GrahamWelland

As Vincent mentioned, Tiffen IRND or regular Lee Big Stopper & .9 ND will shift white balance and balance/smooth tones out. I posted some set up shots etc over in the Behind the Scenes thread too.

The base colours I have to rely on Mother Nature and being there at the right place and right time. No secrets there unfortunately.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Decided to head down to LaJolla for this twice a year opportunity shooting the sun setting through Scripps Pier. Couldn't quite get my camera position perfect (I was the 4th photographer there, ended with about 15), so I'm slightly off centered under the pier. Sun sets centered in the pier 3 days in early May and again in the first part of August, with one day where the sun is centered when it is about 1/2 showing. That's the shot I was after. Sky wasn't perfect, but not bad, glad I got a decent shot knowing there wasn't much room for error and quite traveling quite a ways.

PhaseOneDF/IQ180, Mamiya 45mm, 2.5 secs at f/11, ISO 35, 4 stop tiffen NDIR filter

GrahamWelland

Wayne - I saw this on your blog and it was very very interesting. I totally understand the scrum of fellow photographers at times when iconic events occur!

Btw, I note that you are using the Tiffen filters in 100mm fitting vs screw on. Do these come with gaskets for light sealing against reflections? (the big stopper has this but I have to use gaffer tape when I stack with a .9 ND Lee).

Nathan W. Lediard

Been inundated with work, holiday for whole of July and now back at the grindstone again, but one of my fave girls was in today and we did a bit of light painting... this was a proof shot really for some 10x8 large format stuff I want to do... (imagine using a hassy as proof for 8x10 film.. haha crazy topsy turvy world we live in) :D

Sharp is overated....

Status
Not open for further replies.