The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Libby

Sunset last night from our backyard. Phase DF/80mm IQ160

f/2.8 1/125 ISO50

f/2.8 1/125 ISO50

f/2.8 1/180 ISO 100

Looks like bats taking off - f/2.8 1/125 ISO50

Don

Shashin

So, I have been playing with working just after the sun goes down and does not directly illuminate the clouds. The images are generally flat but contain some very delicate colors and tones, especially when the clouds take on a steely gray. It is a tough balance to bring out the features without going over the top. This was taken this evening while taking out our dog for her walk. It was interesting as it had a definite red cast in the center. Pentax 645D, 55mm.

Shashin

I must also apologize for not putting the obligatory image of my pet when I joined and got my camera. Unfortunately, at that time, my Newfoundland had cancer--we observed the anniversary of his death this Sunday. But here is a photograph (with the Pentax 645D) of our second Newfoundland. She is tiny at only about 100lb--our previous Newfoundland was 150lb. And she is as cute as a button.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It can possibly be claimed that the Fuji GX680 isn't ideal for street photography and strictly speaking, it's a slight overkill. But... people change when they're confronted with the beast. I get kind of noticed and I get a different kind of portraits. A very interesting experience. I'll do more of this.

These two photos are from my first couple of rolls with the camera, so please have patience with me. I haven't shot MF since I sold my Rolleiflex Baby more than 10 years ago. That was a somewhat smaller camera :ROTFL:

GX680IIIs with 180mm f/5.6 @ f/22, Acros 100

GX680IIIs with 65mm f/5.6 @ f/22, Acros 100

Oh... and I need a new scanner. The almost 10 year old Epson 3200 isn't up to this at all :(

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Forget the new scanner, Jorgen, spend the money on film and get out and shoot more like this.
Funny how a different camera can change one's perspective (so to speak;)).

Gandolfi.

mediumcool

I must also apologize for not putting the obligatory image of my pet when I joined and got my camera. Unfortunately, at that time, my Newfoundland had cancer--we observed the anniversary of his death this Sunday. But here is a photograph (with the Pentax 645D) of our second Newfoundland. She is tiny at only about 100lb--our previous Newfoundland was 150lb. And she is as cute as a button.
Gentle giants, in my experience.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It can possibly be claimed that the Fuji GX680 isn't ideal for street photography and strictly speaking, it's a slight overkill. But... people change when they're confronted with the beast. I get kind of noticed and I get a different kind of portraits. A very interesting experience. I'll do more of this.

These two photos are from my first couple of rolls with the camera, so please have patience with me. I haven't shot MF since I sold my Rolleiflex Baby more than 10 years ago. That was a somewhat smaller camera :ROTFL:

Oh... and I need a new scanner. The almost 10 year old Epson 3200 isn't up to this at all :(
Jorgen,

I love the look. Acros has detail, yet such soft tones. :thumbup:

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

pesto

What a fine looking dog...thanks for sharing.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Gandolfi and Matt. Acros is a very impressive film. Of the modern ISO 100 films, it's clearly my favourite, as I feel it gives me the soft gradients that I associate with traditional b&w photography. At the same time, it seems to have a lot of latitude, and is easy to work with in PS.

GX680IIIs with 180mm f/5.6, Acros 100

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Sunset last night from our backyard. Phase DF/80mm IQ160

Some of the most compelling images you've ever posted. Absolutely stunning.

It's one thing to produce a compelling image of a scene/thing which is rare or on the other side of the world.

It's quite another to make an extremely compelling image from something that is so "ordinary" as a nice sky. Everyone sees them. There are billions (probably literally) of images of them, and rarely do you see something so compelling.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Some wedding photography in Upstate New York from this weekend. IQ160 and 55LS and 150LS lenses. I also had a 5D2 with 14mm, 24-70mm, and 70-200mm for the faster moving and very low-light stuff.

Editing in Capture One, no work in Photoshop.

Phase One IQ160, ISO400+, 1/700th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO400+, 1/2500th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO400+, 1/1250th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO400+, 1/200th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO3200+, 1/125th, Schneider 55mm LS @ f/2.8

Phase One IQ160, ISO50, 1/200th, Schneider 55mm LS @ f/8

Phase One IQ160, ISO200+, 1/2000th, Schneider 55mm LS @ f/4.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO100, 1/640th, Schneider 55mm LS @ f/5.6

Phase One IQ160, ISO200+, 1/250th, Schneider 55mm LS @ f/2.8
This one is for a bookmark for the mother of the bride [hence the very vertical format].

Phase One IQ160, ISO800+, 1/1600th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO800+, 1/250th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO800+, 1/2500th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Phase One IQ160, ISO200, 1/640th, Schneider 150mm LS @ f/3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.