The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingang

Unexpected but beautiful

There's something so beautiful about this image (Beautiful woman, pregnant, wonderful background, these are the obvious ones, but the way the shot is composed, the lighting, the way the woman is sitting, etc.), I keep coming back to it and tell myself...."I wish there was a Like Twice button!" :)

Don Libby

Met these guys on the way back from shooting sunrise at Lake McDonald. Custom old school hot rods. Thanks to Jacob, Virgil and Joshua of Fat Rat Kustoms, Kalispell MT.

DF/IQ160 55mm LS f/8 1/200 ISO 50

Last day in Montana - headed back to Jackson Hole

Don

Nathan W. Lediard

Met these guys on the way back from shooting sunrise at Lake McDonald. Custom old school hot rods. Thanks to Jacob, Virgil and Joshua of Fat Rat Kustoms, Kalispell MT.

DF/IQ160 55mm LS f/8 1/200 ISO 50

Last day in Montana - headed back to Jackson Hole

Don
Real nice, and what characters! but that water colour paper texture just has to go in my brutally honest but well meant opinion :)

Nathan

IsakBergwall

People photography is my thing (and my job)... but sometimes I cant resist....
H4D-40 50-110 @ 50mm
Hey where in Norway is this? Is this recent? (I'm thinking of doing fall colors in Möre/romsdal this year, and they seam to have come a long way in your photo (if its not just post process).

Nice photo!

Nathan W. Lediard

Hey where in Norway is this? Is this recent? (I'm thinking of doing fall colors in Möre/romsdal this year, and they seam to have come a long way in your photo (if its not just post process).

Nice photo!
This is on the way from Surnadal to Todal just outside of Nordvikstranda... and was taken this week :)

And its not quite autumn colour yet! The sky was really stormy and I saw this pic in my head.. stopped my van, pulled out the tripod and the hassy and took the shot... I later tweaked the colours in Lightroom and Photoshop to match the image in my head :)

Nathan

SYGTAFOTO

My humble contribution to this amazing thread.

In the middle of the shoot, my card decided to crap out and kept getting card error when shutter speed exceeded 10s... Wanted to go to 30s to drag the vessel a bit more, but oh well.

Any critiques or constructive comments are always welcomed. :)

Pentax 645D
35mm f/3.5 FA

Shashin

If you were thinking of going to Mt. Washington over the Labor Day weekend, today was the day. Oddly enough, the drivers having problems on the auto road were from places like Boston, NJ, and NY. Apparently driving like maniacs through city traffic is not as scary as driving 15mph on a country lane. Go figure. Anyway, I just returned and thought I would share. Pentax 645D and 55mm lens.

Last edited:
Starting an advertising portfolio. Some shots done for a local sunglass shop. No Photoshop, just some slight adjustments in Capture One. C&C greatly appreciated.

p25+, HTS1.5, 100mm HC f2.2 or 35mm HC f3.5

Last edited:

Shashin

From yesterday. Mt. Washington showing the Alpine Garden trail and Pinkham Notch from below Nelson Crag. This is a quick process of the file--that mountain light can be tricky. Pentax 645D. Stitched panorama, 19,000 x 5,000. But amazing weather.

Nathan W. Lediard

From one of my holiday rolls...
My trusty Hasselblad 500c/m with 50mm zeis This is a lith print I did in the darkroom.. well scan of and the print barely fitted my scanner...

IsakBergwall

Thanks for the info! I am thinking about going via Lom to the 55 over sognefjellet to turtagrö and back and then continue up to Åndalsnes and maybe take the e137 - 650 - 63 to the top of the trollstigen and then back and down over rondane and Dovre, and when I'm in the åndalsnes region I will probably take a day over to the Surnadal region and the in the second week of october.. Hopefully it will be some colors left and if Im lucky even some fresh snow on the tops :)

This is on the way from Surnadal to Todal just outside of Nordvikstranda... and was taken this week :)

And its not quite autumn colour yet! The sky was really stormy and I saw this pic in my head.. stopped my van, pulled out the tripod and the hassy and took the shot... I later tweaked the colours in Lightroom and Photoshop to match the image in my head :)

Nathan

Nathan W. Lediard

Thanks for the info! I am thinking about going via Lom to the 55 over sognefjellet to turtagrö and back and then continue up to Åndalsnes and maybe take the e137 - 650 - 63 to the top of the trollstigen and then back and down over rondane and Dovre, and when I'm in the åndalsnes region I will probably take a day over to the Surnadal region and the in the second week of october.. Hopefully it will be some colors left and if Im lucky even some fresh snow on the tops :)
Well if you are in the area you are welcome to pop into the studio for a chat and a coffee :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just a quickie from this morning....

Stupid question, but where is this taken? I see the US flag, but it looks very much like an area I photographed years ago in the South of France in the Camargue -- similar bridge and pier. I am guessing it has to be along the Eastern seaboard of the US somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.