The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibor

Mamiya 645AFD II + Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f/1.9 N with Ilford Delta 100. Shot at 1/125s, f/1.9. One beauty dish with grid (on her) and one reflector with 5 degree grid (on the background).

Only whats included in the photo:
Pro-8a
Twin Head
Mola Demi (not shown in photo)
Water

P25+ , 35mm HC, HTS 1.5

No photoshop, No editing, just reality and profoto's beautiful light :)

Decided to give up Mamiya 645 AF system, this photo is the last one that I used Mamiya 645 AF + 80mm f/2.8 + Fuji 160HC

Last edited:

tsjanik

Breathtaking that you got this with MF.
Thanks Ben. I can’t take too much credit, the 645D really handles much like a large DSLR - not surprising in that many aspects of the camera are derived from Pentax’s 35mm cameras. I find the AF very accurate and I don’t think I could have gotten this shot using manual focus, at least not without a lot of patience :D

Tom

Here’s another:

Don Libby

While waiting for the fall color to show up and the smoke to go away I've been playing/testing the IQ160 and 55mm LS. Jackson Lake dam is one of the very few that I can think of that I could get this close without having everyone panties get in a bunch.

Don

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Don - how are you enjoying the 55LS? It's almost my lens cap on my DF.

There's something special about the rendering and I just wish that Schneider would come up with something wider!

btw, that's the first shot I've seen of the dam that actually makes it look like a real dam! :D

Don Libby

Don what kind of ND did you use on the second shot? The color looks good.
Ed - B+W 72mm 3.0ND MRC 110M (10 stop) filter. This fits my SK35mm on the Cambo as well as the 55 and 55 on the DF. I also have a smaller one that fits my 72 and 120 for the Cambo. I use this to fog water and catch sunsets.

How are you guys after Isaac?

Don

Don Libby

Don - how are you enjoying the 55LS? It's almost my lens cap on my DF.

There's something special about the rendering and I just wish that Schneider would come up with something wider!

btw, that's the first shot I've seen of the dam that actually makes it look like a real dam! :D
Graham - I'm loving the 55 (almost too much). I've kept it on the DF only switching when I needed a longer reach. I agree with you that it is a special lens and just love what I've been seeing with it.

Don't remember if I mentioned it or not however the lens belongs to Dave Gallagher who was kind enough to lend it to me to test and evaluate. The hardest part will be having to send it back to him as I'm ready to buy it. Just decided that I'll keep it with me and if he wants it back he needs to come out here and find me. :D

Also agree that this are best show the dam and the spillway into the snake river surprised I could get as close as I did (actually I could of gotten closer but liked the view from where I was).

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.