The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Dote

Alexandra@APM 4 by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

I did a test shoot this Friday, with a lot of adversity in terms of the production of the shoot. The end result ended up being my best fashion shoot to date.

More photos and information from this shoot here:

Tested – MikeDote.com

Tech specs:

Mamiya AFD2 with Aptus 22 back

7 foot para up high and center, full power, beauty dish with grid at 1/4th power to camera left and low.

Jay Emm

1964 Borolo. A shot from a large series of rare wines. Has been masked onto a new white background for catalogue purposes. H4D-40 w/100mm. Stripbox to camera left and small square softbox upper right just out of frame.

Lloyd

1964 Borolo. A shot from a large series of rare wines. Has been masked onto a new white background for catalogue purposes. H4D-40 w/100mm. Stripbox to camera left and small square softbox upper right just out of frame.
Excellent work, Jay. (I very much enjoyed your website, btw.)

Don Libby

Black Sands Basin, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, DF/IQ160 55LS f/11 1/160 ISO50. Returning later on with the Cambo.

Don

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
S2, 180mm--these animals are really not pretty :eek:
In addition to not being pretty, they also have some anger management issues. I can also attest to their lack of nasal hygiene, or rather a buddy of mine can - we were shooting in Yellowstone and he left his camera bag open on the ground which was of great interest to a young bull who promptly snorted mucus all over his gear! :ROTFL: (well, it was funny for me because it wasn't my bag)

Love the OOF rendering. Those Leica folks are on to something ... :thumbup:

tsjanik

Spectacular sunset on Lake Erie last night. This photo is a stitch of three and illustrates the only serious objection I have to digital: sensors can't handle the sun nearly as well as film. 645D, 35m A.

Tom

Shashin

Fading light in Pinkham Notch below Mt. Washington, NH. Four-frame stitched pano using the 645D and 55mm--handheld. This is the time during a sunset where a few seconds makes the difference.

Shashin

The Androscoggin River outside Gorham, NH. The river flows into Maine a few miles down stream. Ironically, it starts in Maine too. I was just driving home from Mt. Washington and decided just to try shooting in this light. Stitched pano. Each frame is 8 sec @ f/16 and ISO400.

tsjanik

That was the first thing in my head when I saw this. Or maybe not... :D
LOL. It was the second thing that came to mind for me. I have to remember to underexpose a frame with the sun so I can copy and paste into a frame where everything around the sun becomes 255, 255, 255; handling overexposure is an aspect of film I really miss.

Tom

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
may buddha bless you for this one!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Many thanks, Matt, and a big thank you to all those of you who have commented on my current foray into MF territory. More will come, although space restriction made it necessary to restrict myself to smaller gear on my current journey. Hopefully, a GF670 will solve that kind of dilemmas in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.