The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahr

Hi Gerald, I think I shot the day before the horrendous mist that covered the whole area. I'm meant to be going down again but managed to convince the powers that be to give it another few days.

So what should I be looking for? Cham with iq180. Judging by your angle I think you would be somewhere on the left.lol....

richardman

One nice thing about the SWC / P25+ combo is that it is still a very small camera and does not look as unusual as a Techcam. This means I can quickly switch to stealth street photography mode.

The problem with a "perfect day" is that the light is lousy, at least until the shadows grow long...

gerald.d

Hi Gerald, I think I shot the day before the horrendous mist that covered the whole area. I'm meant to be going down again but managed to convince the powers that be to give it another few days.

So what should I be looking for? Cham with iq180. Judging by your angle I think you would be somewhere on the left.lol....
Not the fog one - post 10111 :)

That was last Thursday evening - very similar time of day to yours, but the fountain/Burj lights/sunset colour timing didn't work for me that day :)

bahr

Gerald, I'm well impressed with the perspectives your getting using that setup. Im finding the 35-90 good but limiting without shift. Im trying to look into view/tech cam solutions but end up going round in circles with the costs and choices. Any suggestions?

I noticed that you also use the alpa system as well as hcam. i was considering cambo wrs/ds, arca rm3di, or linhof techno. Part of me prefers the ground glass focussing as i have never used helical focussing cams.

i think you would agree that the past week the weather over here has been a bit funky.
over a week ago it was less humid and now its back to soggy lenses and dust in the air.

gerald.d

Gerald, I'm well impressed with the perspectives your getting using that setup. Im finding the 35-90 good but limiting without shift. Im trying to look into view/tech cam solutions but end up going round in circles with the costs and choices. Any suggestions?

I noticed that you also use the alpa system as well as hcam. i was considering cambo wrs/ds, arca rm3di, or linhof techno. Part of me prefers the ground glass focussing as i have never used helical focussing cams.

i think you would agree that the past week the weather over here has been a bit funky.
over a week ago it was less humid and now its back to soggy lenses and dust in the air.
We should hook up sometime in Dubai for a chat. There are lots of great threads here on the various view/tech cams out there and the relative merits of each, but it is easy to get caught in a loop!

Professional

I think we Hasselblad shooters are the silent majority
Stanley
You gave that answer and i like it, but i feel like it is because is not as good enough as Phase One so major members here and there going with Phase One over Hasselblad, i wish to get Phase One, but i don't wan to sacrifice my Hassy to be with another DMF brand.

stngoldberg

Phase One makes a really good back with some features that i wish Hasselblad had like focus mask and the semi live view, but the camera isn't anywhere as good IMO.
I enjoy the True Focus, the tilt shift capability and the wide variety of some superb glass. Equally important is when you are heavily instead in a brand, as I am, it is difficult to use
Stanley

Professional

Phase One makes a really good back with some features that i wish Hasselblad had like focus mask and the semi live view, but the camera isn't anywhere as good IMO.
I enjoy the True Focus, the tilt shift capability and the wide variety of some superb glass. Equally important is when you are heavily instead in a brand, as I am, it is difficult to use
Stanley
In fact, one reason i went with Hasselblad is that our Hassy dealer is a great amazinf service, i called the dealer of Phase One in the past in 2006-2008 and they were bad, so i went to check another MF dealers, i went to Sinar dealer in Dubai and he was good one too, but to my surprise i found a dealer of Hasselblad and i went to him to check, first impression was, WOW, that made my mind to favor it, sure if Phase One dealer that time was good enough i may went with P1, but it was my luck, now i may buy Phase One if i will have a budget, but i will hold with Hassy a bit and i will keep an eye on Phase One upcoming productions.

Status
Not open for further replies.