The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carbonmetrictree

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Thanks Lance, I'm really excited to see how far I can push the equipment. You've been such a great help in finding the stuff I need! (actually want, but I'll stick with denial) :D

irakly

that's what i am shooting with my mf digital back :)
c645, p25, bowens

PeterA

what does the sticker on the pot plant say Irakly?

irakly

what does the sticker on the pot plant say Irakly?
it says "баковский завод пластмасс" (bakovsky factory of plastic goods) and has an adorable horsy on it :ROTFL:

Stuart Richardson

мне больше интересуются женшины чем заводов

Last edited:

PeterA

me kanetai na gelao - axafna kai me toribo megalo - kaka paidia!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Well the weather is hot, it's a bad time of year for photography here and the light sucked, but Bob F and I went out and shot a little today anyway. Here is one from late this morning, P45+, Mamiya 55mm AF at f11. I know boring light, but hey, I warned you!:

Here's another -- the B&W version is a little better in this light than the color IMO. Mamiya 55m again, but at f16:

JimCollum

playing around with ambient light.. going to go back this weekend with strobes and play some more...

oh.. Aptus 75, Horseman SWD-II, rodenstock 35mm (f16, fully shifted in all directions.... so whatever that ends up being the equivalent of focal length wise)

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

That is the end result I want. So what focal length math folks

PeterA

Jim a great examle of a nice stich- I hope Guy is looking given he is interested in an 'architectral interior' lens. I think the 35 is a perfect focal length for these systems. I am wondering how sharp the stereo/tv? is on the left hand side wall...

Jack - what you say is ordinary light is what I am looking forward to in teh coming months - it is a long grey winter down here and full of 'ordinary if not downright non-existant light -:)

Dale Allyn

Peter,

I think that many of us (photographers) here in California are looking forward to some grey weather, some clouds, anything other than summer. I'm glad to see Jack (and Bob) out in what he labeled "ordinary light". I often can't even drag myself out during these mid-summer months.

:)

Oh, and I think you made good use of the light for this season, Jack. Cheers.

Stuart Richardson

Nice photos all. I spent 4 years in Santa Barbara, but it is true, too much of anything is problematic. The tyranny of a sunny day...I much preferred winter when it was still in the 60s, but you got nice puffy clouds, occasional rain, and much crisper skies.

jlm

Workshop Member

if you shift the horseman/35 about 10 mm each way, you basically overcome the crop. it takes my 40 x 40 mm sensor back to a 60 x 60 image. that would be about the same as a 21mm lens on a 35 mm camera

Status
Not open for further replies.