The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

Some closeup ...

Hasselblad H4D-40, HC 50-110 @70mm, f/8.0, 1/125 sec.

Lightning with two flashes + softboxes left & right, one flash exactly from the top with a beauty dish - handhold by the assistant.

I dont like the plastic look of the make up but the 3-dimensional look of this image is impressive IMO.

This probably counts as having fun with MF... A while ago I went to one of a couple stores in Russia that actually sells MF gear and had a go at a Phase 645DF with IQ180 and 80mm LS on it, the owner was super-cool with me handling a luxury car's worth of hardware and going about the mall to take photos.

My first image with any MF camera ever.

and crop, no sharpening.

It was pretty dark, so I had to use one of the tripods on display, shot was f/5.6, 1/3 sec, ISO35. I must say I've never seen a nice, smooth-looking image like this one, I can't scrounge the money up for a IQ180 fast enough LOL. Maybe in a couple years we'll have something better and hopefully cheaper.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
White Cap Mountain in the Moosehead Lake Region of Maine. I have just returned from a trip there. The AT trail crosses the ridge. Pentax 645D and 55mm.

Great contrasting captures. I visit this area every summer, as it is only about 45 minutes north of my campsite on Lake Moxie in The Forks.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
We have not had the leaf fix for the time of year. Here is my contribution. Taken this evening on the way to walk the dog. Pleasant Pond, Litchfield, ME. Pentax 645D also handheld--my point and shoot, but a little more quite than an AFDIII.

This is right around the corner from Lake Moxie. Beautiful area.

Shashin

I think you have the wrong Pleasant Pond--there are several in Maine. This one is just South of Augusta. I have not been to Lake Moxie. But that is the problem in Maine, which beautiful area do you choose to drive though in order to get to the next one.

Shashin

LOL. Apparently, there is not a single member that lives in Maine except for me, you just all vacation here.

dizzyg44

Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee

Cambo RS, IQ180, 55mm

Nice Ed! I recognized that spot immediately before even reading your details! Stopping by Land Between the lakes and Kentucky lake while in the area?

Brings back memories being from memphis area and hanging out at all the places anywhere but memphis on weekends, especially all the summers out in Hardy....

etrump

Nice Ed! I recognized that spot immediately before even reading your details! Stopping by Land Between the lakes and Kentucky lake while in the area?

Brings back memories being from memphis area and hanging out at all the places anywhere but memphis on weekends, especially all the summers out in Hardy....
Just passing through Saturday night and swung by Reelfoot hoping to catch some meteors with cypress silhouettes but it didn't work out.

Aryan Aqajani

The result of recent venture! 480s exposure!

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + 180mm f/4.5 SB + Mamiya tilt/shift adapter + Fuji Acros 100 in 1+50 Rodinal

Status
Not open for further replies.