The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gme2815

Sprague Lake; Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, CO
Hasselblad H4D-40; HCD 35-90mm at 35mm; CPL filter
Loving your H4D-40 shots. Nice work! Quick question. I have a H3d-31 and I was wondering what your filter setup was for your Lee filters. What are you using to actually attach the filters to the lenses, and what size filters are you using?

Thanks!

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks gme2815!
For your H3D-31, you can use Lee adapter ring (95mm for both HCD 28mm and HCD 35-90mm; 67mm for HC 80mm; 77mm for HC 150mm) with Lee filter Holder which can hold both square and rectangle filters (Lee or HiTech). You should not have any problem with vignette.
Unfortunately for H4D-40 (if you want to upgrade in the future), the 95mm adapter ring is not a wide angle adapter, therefore, it causes vignette. You have to use either push-on Lee filter holder (special holder) or Cokin X-Pro filter with the HCD 28mm and 35-90mm. Sometimes I just held a filter with my hand.
Best,
Pramote

Aryan Aqajani

I hope I'm not making you guys bored with my long exposure photos :sleep006: Will upload some portrait very soon :toocool:

480s exposure - Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB + Mamiya titl/shift adapter + Fuji Acros 100 + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND

120s exposure - Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Mamiya+ Fuji Acros 100 + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND

Grayhand

Mamiya 6, 150mm
Way to old porta film from the bottom of the freezer.
But dont remember what type of porta...

Ray

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Taken this AM at Kenosha Pass, Fairplay, CO. 10, 000 ft elevation. It was 17 degree !!!
Phase One DF, IQ 180, SK 150mm, Stitching with minor side crop to a 624 format, ~ 2GB TIFF file size.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
120s exposure - Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Mamiya+ Fuji Acros 100 + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND

[/QUOTE]

Aryan...Love the light and composition. Great work!
Pramote

tsjanik

I can’t decide between two versions of an image, so I thought to ask the collective wisdom on this forum. The first image is a single exposure in portrait orientation; the second is a merge of two exposures, including the first which renders a landscape orientation. Everything is the image is horizontal and yet I seem to prefer the portrait version. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

A

acarlay

Aftermath of Sandy in my neighborhood in Queens, NY.. all shot with Pentax 645D w/ FA35 lens..

thanks for looking.. any comments appreciate..

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I can’t decide between two versions of an image, so I thought to ask the collective wisdom on this forum. The first image is a single exposure in portrait orientation; the second is a merge of two exposures, including the first which renders a landscape orientation. Everything is the image is horizontal and yet I seem to prefer the portrait version. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, I like them both - very hard choice but for a large print I'd go with Landscape orientation.

Bill

Lloyd

Aftermath of Sandy in my neighborhood in Queens, NY.. all shot with Pentax 645D w/ FA35 lens..

thanks for looking.. any comments appreciate..
Nice set of images... too bad you had to go through that (Sandy) to get them. Glad you're ok.

A

acarlay

yeah Sandy caused havoc to the city especially w/ lost of power and limited gas supply.. but everything is coming back together albeit slowly..

anyway quick portrait pentax 645D w 45-85 at 4.5

I'm in love with the colors of the 645D especially with skin tones.. out of the box, it's subtle and lifelike and very little needs to be done. the only hurdle is post processing as images from 645D tend to be on the dark side but i kinda like that..

-al

Shashin

Thanks,

Tom
Tough call. Both are fine images. I would lean to the portrait as it balances the land, beach, and water. The sky is also evenly illuminated and so the relationship to the land below is nicer.

The landscape has a different feel. There it is more about the water off the beach. The sky is also indicating where the sun is going down, which is not in the frame. The framing here is just a tad more familiar and expected, which is why I think I like the portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.