The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

Speakers from Focal named Maestro Utopia. If you got a chance to listen to them, take it! :)

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,8/80 | f3,4 | 1/10 | iso 100 | Feisol CT-3472LV

Lloyd

Very nice, Stan. Great image.

To search for your posts, go to the top of any page on the thread, and under the page numbers in the red bar you find the "Search this Thread" box. Click on it, then on "Advanced Search", which allows you to search by user name. That should do it.

etrump

Ed,

sorry for my long delay in answering you. I was in Paris (can't wait to post my first pics from the shootings there) and wanted to check the original file before my answer.

Actually, I can not answer your question. The file itself is sharp on her eyes (but not to the last), and in the 1:1 view, there is no lack of sharpness. Her skin is very clean, maybe it's the lack of details that makes it look a little less sharp then the garment with lots of details.

Then, at last, it was with my old H3D without TrueFocus, so there is a small loss of sharpness in tilting after the AF did his work.

I have changed my retouching workflow since then and will make a version 2.0 of that pic - we´ll see if there's an improvement.

Regards

Stan ROX
Didn't mean to imply the image was inferior, I liked the effect and thought it may have been intentional focus manipulation.

dizzyg44

One of my wife's friends volunteered to be my guinea pig while i play around with my 4x5 and I shot a few frames with my DM22 just for quick and dirty preview. Just a clean/simple/natural headshot for her

malmac

Hi everyone,

Some photos from my recent series with Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Mamiya DM22 All natural light (ISO 200)! You can see the rest here Love Me Tender | Aryan Aqajani

By the way, need to ask you guys if you know what might be causing my RZ shutter goes up to 1/350s only not 1/400s? It is the case with all three lenses that I have? Any suggestion?
Went on your site and had a look at the full series. I found 6, 8 and 10 worked really well from my view point - the relationship was both tender and graphically pleasing.

Also enjoy your posts in black and white - It seems funny but I sometimes think I should get a film back for my Cambo and do some black and white film.

Mal

Aryan Aqajani

Went on your site and had a look at the full series. I found 6, 8 and 10 worked really well from my view point - the relationship was both tender and graphically pleasing.

Also enjoy your posts in black and white - It seems funny but I sometimes think I should get a film back for my Cambo and do some black and white film.

Mal
Thank you so much mate for spending time to have a look at the rest of them on my website. I knew I could do better but limited time and a very novice model (actually a friend), that was the best we could do!

I believe film certainly has a different look than digital! Some people see it, others don't! It like the debate about MF digital and Nikon D800 lol But what matters to me is the joy I get shooting film and developing it on my own :toocool:

Cheers,

Bildifokus

I shoot a lot of High End stereo. And quite often they are rely expensive! :)

Next time will be this weekend when it´s a pre world premier for a couple of new Marten speakers. The big premier will be in CES Las Vegas in the beginning of January.

Stefan, we have to talk about hifi sometime! :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Steam engines, even with their horrible inefficiency and pollution, are very romantic. Diesel electric engines, not so much. But what I find are the most beautiful machines around today are those wind generators.
In isolation I tend to agree with you about the wind turbines. However, we literally have thousands of them spreading like an invasive species across the countryside and into some of the most scenic areas. If you want to enjoy the pastoral beauty of the Palouse area of eastern Washington for example you'd better be quick because pretty soon all of your horizons will have hundreds of wind turbines across them. :thumbdown:

etrump

Fortunately, the smart money has figured out current wind turbines will take more than their lifespan to net so implementation has slowed over the short term.

richardman

LoL, just realized that may be I should be posting in the "large format" sub-forum :) but I like you people and like your stuff a lot.

Another of the long exposure.

Shashin

In isolation I tend to agree with you about the wind turbines. However, we literally have thousands of them spreading like an invasive species across the countryside and into some of the most scenic areas. If you want to enjoy the pastoral beauty of the Palouse area of eastern Washington for example you'd better be quick because pretty soon all of your horizons will have hundreds of wind turbines across them. :thumbdown:
Well, since Maine still has a lot of dead lakes caused by acid rain, part of which are from coal/oil fired power plants in the mid-west, I would be happy to have too many wind turbines. And to be honest, the idea that the turbines are spoiling an untouched wilderness is not true. They are put up, at least in Maine, in industrial forests and rather populated vacation areas--just coz you see lots of trees, does not mean a significant population isn't living there with malls and stores and cell towers and the trappings of the modern world. As power plants go, I would rather a wind farm than many of the alternatives. Besides, give it a hundred years and the place will become a tourist destination, just like Holland and their quaint wind-powered mills.

As far as the Palouse, that is farm land. There is nothing romantic about farming--I know it can look pretty. And I am sure there are different views on this, but personally, as a landscape photographer, I am more interested in what something is, rather than create a romantic view of it. People actually go to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite, but you don't ever see people in pictures. I think it really creates a distorted view of what is left of our natural world.

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

LoL, just realized that may be I should be posting in the "large format" sub-forum :) but I like you people and like your stuff a lot.

Another of the long exposure.

Unbelievable! Can we have some details? I love the combination of the uniformity of the background and the random foreground together with the great composition and beautiful toning.

richardman

Unbelievable! Can we have some details? I love the combination of the uniformity of the background and the random foreground together with the great composition and beautiful toning.
Hi Ben, thank you for your kind words. The camera is the Shenhao 617, the film is Fuji Reala. It's a 3 mins exposure with a 10 stopper, right after sunset. I think for the large format camera, probably an ND 0.9 may be sufficient, as I think this may have been F16. I'd like to use F22. I forgot whether it was a 300mm/9 Nikkor M or the 210mm/5.6 Fujinon CMW. Actually I was wishing I had 2 Shenhao because the opposite side was pretty good light too :)

The first set of exposure was with the Sun still up, at #10592, but I really like the way the sticks curve. I only put them at the left end at 10592 because of the sunset. After the sun was mostly set, I switched to the sticks at the right end in this composition.

I finished my calendar last week and it was a tough call between these two images and I ended up with 10592. Probably would be equally as happy with this one.
Richard Man Photography

This is at the Don Edwards Nature Preserve in Fremont, CA. The view is really the Silicon Valley: the right is FB, Google directly in front. NASA/Ames is next to it. Yahoo on the left. Intel, HP, etc. etc. are all in the view, so to speak. Jack is somewhere about 30 miles away, I think :)

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.