The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

Well damn, I just couldn't imagine the things we'd be seeing here if you were into landscapes! Let me guess, your trash bin is a submission folder to National Geographic, amiright? :thumbup:
Hahaha! Nice one mr! My problem is that I just cannot be arsed to get out of bed at stupid-o-clock to get the light right, no patience you see... which is why I work with portraits and commercial stuff... action action action... :D I have great respect for landscape photographers and even more so wildlife photographers.. sitting in a tent for a week for a few seconds of action? no thanks, not for me! :D

But I am spoilt living where i am, and at this time of year sun up and sun down are at respectable times of day for people like me :) down to less than 5 hours daylight now :)

Hahaha! Nice one mr! My problem is that I just cannot be arsed to get out of bed at stupid-o-clock to get the light right, no patience you see... which is why I work with portraits and commercial stuff... action action action... :D I have great respect for landscape photographers and even more so wildlife photographers.. sitting in a tent for a week for a few seconds of action? no thanks, not for me! :D

But I am spoilt living where i am, and at this time of year sun up and sun down are at respectable times of day for people like me :) down to less than 5 hours daylight now :)
That's one of the privileges of us living in the north, the golden hour sometimes lasts three hours, both in the morning and evening lol.

AlanS

Nathan, you are on a roll.:thumbs:
Being that far north sounds perfect for landscape, I do most of my shooting in winter for the same reasons (but living in the north of England we have slightly longer days and lots of poor weather...rain).
Alan

Nathan W. Lediard

Yea, I really like the 80mm, I actually ordered my H4D-40 without it, but with the 28mm and the 50-110, but when picking it up from the dealer I saw a nice used 80mm so I did the deal... and I am so glad I did! I love this little lens, use it for many things, its great for environmental portraits, giving the nice flattering compression and yet a nice field of view to include the environment... I use it about ten times more than I ever used my 50mm on my 1Ds....

fotom

Just found a used one a few minutes ago and hold my hand on it. Comes from a dealer.

Besides that I am surprised that the H4D 40 is working that great at ISO1600. My old 50MP DB only offers ISO800. But for highISO stuff I use a different camera anyway... and I ever have a tripod with me when I am around with my MF... :D

tsjanik

Some older images I'm working on and you might enjoy. First is an approaching front (at about 45 mph), taken on the shore of Lake Erie with Pentax 67II and 35mm fisheye. The 2nd shot is the same front just before it reaches the shoreline; a microburst is quite apparent.
645D, 35mm

_IGP41693 copy 2++ by tsjanik47, on Flickr

fotom

Thx, just found it but never heard about it. I am not happy with the results PS CS6 gives me. I saw there is a free trial of that software.

Nathan W. Lediard

Just found a used one a few minutes ago and hold my hand on it. Comes from a dealer.

Besides that I am surprised that the H4D 40 is working that great at ISO1600. My old 50MP DB only offers ISO800. But for highISO stuff I use a different camera anyway... and I ever have a tripod with me when I am around with my MF... :D
My tripod was in the van, but on top of this bridge, only a kilometre from the ferry back to the mainland the risk of a car coming too fast because of the fear of missing the ferry was too high.. So out of van quick and a quick hand held pano... at 100% the grain is obvious and the detail of course suffers compared to iso 100, but once printed it will still look good. At 300 dpi this would print at nearly 3 meters long! So at a normal print size not a problem.
It is better to use iso 1600 and pull it a little than to push iso 800 in my experience. I have used iso 800 with tungsten Arri lights and I hava a full face portrait hanging in the studio window at 1m x 1.5m and it looks gorgeous!
Of course I didnt buy the H4D-40 for high iso work, plenty of cheaper SLRs that work better for that, but it works better than expected and sometimes grain is good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.