The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

Kurt looks like you are doing well with the 150 2.8 . Honestly maybe my favorite Mamiya lens until I get a Mamiya 28mm which i think I am going to get and sell my whole Alpa rig. I simple need a 28mm in the Mamiya for everything overall. Damn those corners.

jlm

Workshop Member

some great shots and fantastic color

C

carbonmetrictree

Guy, let me know if you do sell your TC! ;)

Kurt looks like you are doing well with the 150 2.8 . Honestly maybe my favorite Mamiya lens until I get a Mamiya 28mm which i think I am going to get and sell my whole Alpa rig. I simple need a 28mm in the Mamiya for everything overall. Damn those corners.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks for the comments Guy and JLM. I'm certain you can get more precision with the Alpa rig Guy, but the outright usability of the 28mm calls my name.

David K

Workshop Member

Love those images Kurt and the colors are just fabulous. Don't you have some huge Harley Davidson thing coming your way pretty soon. Should be another source of some great images. Pretty sure I recall some you posting some of that genre in the past. Hope you can get out and get some more of them.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks for the comments Guy and JLM. I'm certain you can get more precision with the Alpa rig Guy, but the outright usability of the 28mm calls my name.
Same here. I just have more usability for the 28 and for that amount of money, it needs to get used.

Andrew sent a PM

fotografz

Ye Olde Cider Mill on a rainy early Sunday morning.

(H3D-II/31 @ ISO 800 using a CF adapter and Zeiss 40IF.)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Too cool Marc -- I want to be there!

:thumbs:

fotografz

Too cool Marc -- I want to be there!

:thumbs:
Thanks Jack. All it needs is a scratch 'n sniff screen for those warm apple cider and fresh donut smells wafting about the crisp morning air ;)

Guy Mancuso

Stop it , I'm hungry and heading to the grocery store now. LOL

Dale Allyn

Marc,

Nice feel in that shot. I'm really looking forward to rain or fog or clouds or mist or... Anything but this northern CA summer. We haven't even had one summer shower to dust things off this year in the Sierra foothills. Just some wind to move the ash around. Thank goodness it's September so that hopefully we'll see some changes soon.

Very rich colors in that set, Kurt. Thanks for posting them.

David K

Workshop Member

Marc,

Nice to see someone using ISO 800 with their back... and the 40 IF is a stellar lens.

fotografz

Yeah Guy, I had actually gone out to get some deliciousness at our charming local store ... but it wasn't opened yet, so I went a few doors down to the Cider Mill.

Franklin, where I live is very quaint.

If you don't like taking photos in the rain, don't come to Michigan ... it's the reason to own an ISO 800+ MF back : -)

mark1958

Marc... I cannot believe it but I believe that was the same cider mill we went to when i was a kid. Has it been there a long time?

T

thsinar

hi Graham,

your image does not seem to be uploaded. Or am I the only one not seeing it?

Cheers,
Thierry

Just finished this ad:

fotografz

Marc... I cannot believe it but I believe that was the same cider mill we went to when i was a kid. Has it been there a long time?
Yep, it's been there forever Mark. I can walk to it from my house. It's a family owned business and the Dad died a few years ago so the kids now run it ... it's a bit more commercial than years ago ... but still the center of Franklin community activity from Labor Day to Christmas.

The whole town is a bit slow to adopt fancy new ways ... even the Volunteer Fire Department ;)

(203FE/CFV with 110/2FE):

Stuart Richardson

Mark, how are you getting the 203FE to work with a digital back and FE lenses? I thought it was only supposed to work with CF lenses...

Graham -- Nice ad. There seems to be a problem with the text though. Too many vowels. ;)

How many images did it take to composite?

T

thsinar

Does it have a political or sexual connotation? I guess it is censored here in China, since I can't get it to show up.

:)

Cheers,
Thierry

9 images in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.