The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

You know Ed...if one hasn't visited this page yet and quickly scrolled down, it's sort of jarring if they stop at Tom's image directly above, and then move a little lower and suddenly see yours. His projects freezing cold, harsh conditions on the flat tundra....and a moment later after inching down the page a little, is the inviting conditon of the gentle warmth of the sun basking on the gengle rolling hillside seen in yours. That's an aside from how lovely your image is.

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

........... "overwhelmed by nature, but plugging on. The stoop is part of the narrative that I liked in this, it shows persistence against not only nature but possibly the ravages of age :eek:

Ok, over-interpreting. But to OP; when people comment and probe a piece, to me it means it is working.

Regards
Victor
Thanks Victor. I like this version as well. Your analysis is spot on. I don't know the woman in the shot, but she is not young. I do know the field she is crossing however, and in a 35mph wind at 14 F with driving snow it does feel like nature wants to recycle you.

Thanks to all for comments.

Tom

rem

Downloaded from my FB Account because I have only the view Pics I posted anywhere from our 3.5 weeks trip (everything stolen in LA). Anyway, till the second last evening everything was so great. Wonderful landscape, wonderful people! rem
Hasselblad H4D

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Might not qualify as a tree however they do give shade at time.
DF/IQ160 Mamiya 120 macro lens

Don
Don,

I swear that his one literally pops off of the page. The 120 macro is under estimated as a landscape lens -I have the manual focus version but it's so sharp. A great lens and affordable too. Beautiful OOF transition IMHO.

etrump

Does this qualify as fun with MF? 12'x5-1/2' print of my Chicago river piece for Abbott Labs new HQ in Chicago. (Nasty iPhone pic - sorry)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'd love to see that big print of your autumn mill shot too. I think that in-situ shots of the results are even more relevant actually!

Not quite the same league as Ed's beautiful & monster print but my customer was kind enough to send me a pic of one of my prints on his wall:

Last edited:

etrump

I'd love to see that big print of your autumn mill shot too. I think that in-situ shots of the results are even more relevant actually!

Not quite the same league as Ed's beautiful & monster print but my customer was kind enough to send me a pic of one of my prints on his wall:
Thanks Graham, there is something special about seeing your work enjoyed in home or office.

D&A

Does this qualify as fun with MF? 12'x5-1/2' print of my Chicago river piece for Abbott Labs new HQ in Chicago. (Nasty iPhone pic - sorry)

No Ed! To qualify for "Fun with MF", it has to be no bigger than 12'x5'-1/4'! You exceeded it by 1/4' in one of the dimensions! Therefore your printed image will qualify for the adjacent catagory of "Exceptional Fun with MF"..LOL!

Love to see images printed big and your's certainly meets every aspect of that criteria. Lovely (and impressive). Nice work!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.