The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely Mark.... both looks great in the snow, especially the dusting in the second image. I should just jump in my car :)

Dave (D&A)
Dave,

As you know, it is worth the trip if you are fortunate enough to catch favorable conditions. Let me know next time you head down and we can meet up.

D&A

Dave,

As you know, it is worth the trip if you are fortunate enough to catch favorable conditions. Let me know next time you head down and we can meet up.
At the moment no specific plans to head down that way, but if you (or someone) can tell the weather person to hold that weather (and snow)....just like you photographed, the thought to just jump in the car would definitely cross my mind! Guess I'm partial to seasonal scenes like yours and the visual nature of the subject matter goes hand in hand with newly fallen snow. At least thats my vision of this scene.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

rem

As a period piece (photograph), she looks like she just walked off the set of Les Miserables. I say that fully as a complement to both the photographer and model. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)
Thank you Dave, I will tell her! :)

rem

Not sure it works, noticed it on the other picture as well. Not sure why, I'm a one eye in focus wide open shooter by nature but here, perhaps due to the lighting, or the contrast, seems rather out of place.
Thank you Ben, yes I don't know what it is. Maybe is the angle to flat. Have a nice weekend! rem

D

Deleted member 7792

Cades Cove last weekend. Joe, you will recognize these locations. Both with Leica S2 and 70mm.
Mark, yes I do recognize those locations and the tripod holes. :ROTFL: But I've never used those tripod holes with snow on the ground. Well done. Maybe we can shoot together sometime.

Joe

D&A

Joe, do I smell a winter road trip on the (near) horizon? :) Isn't that snow lovely, especially in that particular locale? As for tripod holes, you mean the ones you used after I firmly planted my tripod to get the perfect shot (only to be topped shortly thereafter by your superb image making skills?)...LOL! I was wondering how my tripod got moved when I turned around for only a second...:ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Shashin

So, we are at 20+" of snowfall and the blizzard has not stopped. Here are the locals feeding at our bird feeders. It is amazing that an animal so small can survive sub-freezing temperatures. With wind chill, we are -7F. I need more than sunflower seeds--a pizza at least. Pentax 645D, 300mm f/5.6, ISO 1600, MF, handheld, and through a window (you did not think I would leave the house!).

Last edited:

D&A

Love the symmetry as well opposing colors of blue and yellow feeders on an approx 45 degree angle. The birds though complete the image...nice capture! One question though... when you stated>> "need more than sunflower seeds--a pizza at least"<<, were you refering to what the birds might have been thinking or for yourself? :)

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

One question though... when you stated>> "need more than sunflower seeds--a pizza at least"<<, were you refering to what the birds might have been thinking or for yourself? :)

Dave (D&A)
Exactly.

BTW, the blue/yellow bird feeders are really showing they were picked out by a photographer.

Last edited:

Shashin

So, I am just having fun with MF. Same as above, but of my trees, far, far away. Blizzard lighting is actually quite tricky. In reality, the scene is very flat.

Don Libby

I truly believe I've got the best of both worlds in having a tech cam and 645 body. The days I want to channel "old school" photographer I use the tech cam on other days when I'm just out for fun and want to see what the new day brings I use the 645 body. The one item that doesn't change is the IQ160.

We had a storm come through yesterday leaving a light dusting of snow in the desert. The sky remains ominous which resulted in a couple of hours of fun.

Phase DF/IQ160 55mm LS f/11 1/400 ISO50

Phase DF/IQ160 150mm f/11 1/160 ISO 50

Don

Mark, yes I do recognize those locations and the tripod holes. :ROTFL: But I've never used those tripod holes with snow on the ground. Well done. Maybe we can shoot together sometime.

Joe
Joe, it would be great to meet up for some photography in the Smoky Mountains. I try to go as often as my work schedule will allow. Dave has also expressed an interest. I can't do much about the weather other than watch for favorable predictions and take a chance like I did last weekend. It paid off then, but there have been many more where it didn't.

Your photos of DV are great. I have never been, but it is on the list.

Mark

D&A

Ed, the only word that first comes to mind is WOW...the second is WOW Again!!!

Talk about statci electricity...LOL! Mother nature was a bit angry upon your return :)
Fanatstic city scape capture and one definitely for the "wall". The 2nd on is the one I'd go with and am pondering for a moment if it might be a stronger composition if some of the lower portion of the frame was cropped. just above the top of the foreground lampost. I'm honestly not sure if that stengthens the impact of the image or not. Anyway you cut it (no pun intended), it's impressive!

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

Stan, we will make a landscape photographer of you yet. Who wants to be confined to a warm and comfortable studio with beautiful models all day when you can enjoy all kinds of weather doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.