The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

You have got to stop posting these 100 f2.2 shots! it might get expensive! (when I got my H4D the dealer recommended the 80 2.8 over the 100 f2.2.. he reckoned I would be better off with the 28, 80 and 150, with the 50-150 as an allround studio lens.. I must say that with my lenses I can cover just about anything (and for really wide or really long I still have my canon gear) but the f2.2 keeps calling me..
The HC 2,2/100 was one of the reason i bought in to the Hasselblad H-system. But I must say that the HC 2,8/80 has grown on me. :)

Nathan W. Lediard

This is where I live, in the valley to the left.... Taken from the top of the local skislope, 4 horizontal shots with the HCD28mm stitched in Kolor APP..

H4D-40 HCD28mm

Nathan W. Lediard

The HC 2,2/100 was one of the reason i bought in to the Hasselblad H-system. But I must say that the HC 2,8/80 has grown on me. :)
A very nice little lens, I use it a lot! If I want to travel light I can do most things with the 80mm.... chuck the 28 and 150 in the bag and I can do anything.. the 50-150 is a heavy beast but very convenient in the studio and is no less sharp! :)

RVB

I have this lens and no doubt it's very good,have you tired the HC120mm mk2??it's also excellent.. a little slow to focus as you would expect for a macro..but very high resolving power..

Don Libby

Just finished this one and yes it screamed and stamped its feet to be black & white. Listen to your images as you're processing them. I talk to them all the time....

Phase DF/IQ160 Mamiya 120 macro f11 1/160 ISO50

Bildifokus

I have this lens and no doubt it's very good,have you tired the HC120mm mk2??it's also excellent.. a little slow to focus as you would expect for a macro..but very high resolving power..
I've not testet the HC 120, but I think it will be perfect for food photography.

Nathan W. Lediard

I've not testet the HC 120, but I think it will be perfect for food photography.
I tested it out when looking at my purchase of the H4D, I spent the day at my dealer looking at H4D, spent time looking at the phase too, but found out pretty quick that wasnt for me for what I do.. likewise the Leica.

The 120 is a big ol' lens and typical macro as in sharp but very slow focus. I dont do much macro and I want a faster focus for portraits... I use extension tubes with my lenses when I need to get in close...

If I was doing a lot of close up I would want the 120 and an HTS as well :)

tsjanik

I'm testing a new lens - Pentax 645 600mm. Ice mounds along the Lake Erie shore (30-50 ft in height). I had to construct a device for extra stabilization for this lens; not necessary at high shutter speeds, but below 1/60 - absolutely necessary; addition of a Manfrotto long lens support helps even more.

_IGP9759 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP1179 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Here's a bit of fun... I used the zoomify export function in photoshop to make this zoomable web image... One big panorama... enjoy:

http://www.lediardfoto.com/surnadal_zoom/surnadal.html
Good choice to put it on zoomify. I read somewhere once that "if it doesn't look good as a thumbnail, it won't be a good image". This proves that statement wrong as it loses all it's magnificence in small forms (not that it looks bad small, but what it is loses is significant).

Status
Not open for further replies.