The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlindberg

Laphroaig is incredibly intense, love it, but I cannot have more than one glas. Which ofcourse could be a very good thing...:)
Scapa I have a bottle at home and enjoy it a lot.
In fact, I have tried plenty and have many 'favorites' - but somehow the Talisker 10 always is the one I return to. It is the perfect mix of flavours, smooth and I do not grow tired of it.
I know it isn't the most expensive, not the rarest and there are quite a few others that have more prestige, but still....for me, Talisker 10 is the one.

End of off topic from me. Sorry if anybody got offended!

stngoldberg

That had to be one hell of a night. Surprised Woody could level the camera the next morning. I am also a huge Laphroaig fan. Unfortunately I can have two
Stanley

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Let's not be so serious. Leica S + 120mm macro. The morning after. It did take three of us to consume this the night before.

Woody,

I married in 1978 ... had a 72 Cheval Blanc in the honeymoon suite - gift from a friend.

I do have to ask...three for a Talisker Oban and Scapa?

Surprised you could focus the day after......:ROTFL:

Of the three Oban is the one with which I am most familiar, I will try Scapa...
have been spending most of my time recently with the Balvenie....

Bob

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Great shot Bill and a certain irony that he appeared right after three empty scotch bottles!
BTW, you do know that MF can't be used for wildlife shots? :D

Tom
Yeah, of course you can't use MF for wildlife. The middle quarter of an IQ180 frame with the LS 240 is the equivalent of only 960 mms at 20 megapixels. Who could get by with that?

But kidding apart, the real problem for me is that the Cube is NOT good for wildlife! Just too slow to adjust. I used it for the vulture because he was quite settled and I had time. The RS Hawk shot was hand held.

Thanks for your comment,
Bill

PS My own favourite SM is currently Dun Bheagan.

Ed Hurst

Another medium format time lapse. Link added here because I can't see a way of embedding a video into a message.

TimeLapse1v3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is 'Earth Hour' Sydney 2013. The city turns out many of its lights for an hour to promote environmental awareness and sustainable energy. Pentax 645D + 35mm A lens. 800 ISO. 11 sec files @ f8. Lots of compression of course!

Stan ROX

Just glorious Stan - you really have an eye for beauty in all its forms.

Mal
Mal,

thank you so much.

Actually, I never thought I would do something like "tasteful photography". Having said that, be sure I'm the one most surprised from what happens from time to time :eek:

Stan ROX

Status
Not open for further replies.