The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

From the studio this time...
H4D-40 & 80mm at f3.4 1/180
ISO 400
One Arri T1 with barn doors

No retouch yet, straight from lightroom...

Great lighting.. I'm guessing two. the Arri with BD's is the top light and the second a gridded box..
Thanks! :) but.... Arri T1 is the only light :) turned off studio lights, blinds down on the windows... any fill comes from reflected light , the wood panelling she is up against is quite shiny despite its dark colour :)

RVB

Thanks! :) but.... Arri T1 is the only light :) turned off studio lights, blinds down on the windows... any fill comes from reflected light , the wood panelling she is up against is quite shiny despite its dark colour :)[/QUOTE]

Thx for the info,I probably should have guessed the Key was the arri and it's a hard light..

So the light coming into the frame from the top right is window light..?

Nathan W. Lediard

Another, again with the single Arri T1 (1000watt tungsten fresnel) and barn doors

This time with the 50-110 at 90mm f4.5 1/180 iso 800

A colour twist and some grain added in lightroom

Nathan W. Lediard

Thanks! :) but.... Arri T1 is the only light :) turned off studio lights, blinds down on the windows... any fill comes from reflected light , the wood panelling she is up against is quite shiny despite its dark colour :)[/QUOTE

Thx for the info,I probably should have guessed the Key was the arri and it's a hard light..

So the light coming into the frame from the top right is window light..?
No.. no window light.. :) The thing about arri lights with barn doors is you can manipulate the light like nothing else, by placement of the light and how you angle the barn doors... the light is to my right and above me and shining towards the model at an angle.. the barn doors create a slash of light ... it almost looks improbable... thats what I love about the arris... its hard to get this look with my profotos... with the arris its so simple its criminal :) and the ladies love the look... very flattering! When on full flood the light is hard yet soft at the same time.. only downside is that they produce alot of heat... they are coming with LED fresnels now, and they will compete well with the expensive hmi fresnels available now... I use my Arris a lot. I haev the T1 (1000w) a 650 watt a 300 watt and a cute little 150 watt :)

Last edited:

RVB

No.. no window light.. :) The thing about arri lights with barn doors is you can manipulate the light like nothing else, by placement of the light and how you angle the barn doors... the light is to my right and above me and shining towards the model at an angle.. the barn doors create a slash of light ... it almost looks improbable... thats what I love about the arris... its hard to get this look with my profotos... with the arris its so simple its criminal :) and the ladies love the look... very flattering! When on full flood the light is hard yet soft at the same time.. only downside is that they produce alot of heat... they are coming with LED fresnels now, and they will compete well with the expensive hmi fresnels available now... I use my Arris a lot. I haev the T1 (1000w) a 650 watt a 300 watt and a cute little 150 watt :)
Many thanks.. that was helpful.. :thumbup:

malmac

I wanted to photograph some motorcycles with a "girl next door" look - so here is really my first offering. Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000cc with Tegan.

Mal

IQ180 80mm LS lens in studio.

Nathan W. Lediard

I wanted to photograph some motorcycles with a "girl next door" look - so here is really my first offering. Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1000cc with Tegan.

Mal

IQ180 80mm LS lens in studio.

Ah.... I had a Guzzi 850 Le Mans way back... bored out to 950 it used to set off car alarms with its reverse cone megaphone "silencers" :)

AlanS

Ah.... I had a Guzzi 850 Le Mans way back... bored out to 950 it used to set off car alarms with its reverse cone megaphone "silencers"
Had the same problem with my 748SP with Termi exhaust, but what music to a petrol head!

Status
Not open for further replies.