The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
Tsjanik,
I was playing and shooting with my 150, interesting experience. That area, Highway 25 is usually already cooked brown by now, dry, hot cattle country. It is in its last green as you can see. Lupine were going crazy, and there are some poppies.

We had a dry winter here, and only about 50-55% of our average snowpack, so it will be a poor water year. Also poor waterfall year, not a good year for Yosemite.

As for the abstract, I am trying to combine my two loves, landscapes and abstract. Glad you like it.

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
Tsjanik,

I shot it with my 150MM. The Tomales Bay image is 45MM. It is a dry year, with about half the normal snowpack. Bad year for waterfalls, good year for fires, although there will be less fuel.

Glad you like the abstract quality, it is what I was going for.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Some photos from our IQ2 Pre-Launch Party a couple weeks ago.

Phase One IQ260 Prototype on Phase One DF+ with Schneider 28LS and Schneider 110LS. Profoto Pro-B4 with Beauty Dish. Processed in Capture One v7.1.1. Reviewed wirelessly without tethering on an iPad 3.

Images used with permission of the photographers. See watermark and link under the image.

Photo by Doug Peterson

Photo by Luke Potter

Photo by Alessandro Casagli

Photo by Brian Hirschfeld

We will be hosting another round Phase One IQ2 events coming up in April and May in Washingon DC, Colorado, New York, and Texas.

Some photos from our IQ2 Pre-Launch Party a couple weeks ago.

Phase One IQ260 Prototype on Phase One DF+ with Schneider 28LS and Schneider 110LS. Profoto Pro-B4 with Beauty Dish. Processed in Capture One v7.1.1. Reviewed wirelessly without tethering on an iPad 3.
So how is that extra 1/2 stop DR on the IQ2 series? Any significant difference to the previous backs?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
So how is that extra 1/2 stop DR on the IQ2 series? Any significant difference to the previous backs?
Too early to tell 100%. The prototypes (used primarily for demonstration of long exposure and wireless) are not using all the final hardware which in the production-track backs are being used to squeeze that last 1/2 DR out. The software support is also preliminary. Anytime the hardware team makes changes the software team needs time to tweak the formulas and make use of additional understanding of the underlying data.

When we have a final production unit, final software, we'll be doing more thorough testing compared to previous generations to show where additional DR is manifest and where it is not. For now all I can give you is my general impression that there is indeed an improvement, most notable in the detail, color accuracy, and tonal transitions in deep shadows.

Grayhand

The lens i prefere for people on my AFDlll system is the 150mm AF.
(A bit long in the studio, though)

It feels almost as some of my old RZ lenses.

AFDlll, 150 AF, P45+
E Ranger Q lightning

Ray

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.