The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

Used the new Lightroom 5 Beta to do initial work on this underexposed noisy shot from last summer. Used the new radial tool very, very subtly. Focus stacked using four images. 15 - 20 sec exposures each at f/6.7. It was getting quite dark doing these. Three mile headlamp hike back to the truck afterwards. Pentax 645D, 35mm-A lens. Graduated filter. Not one of my best, but hey, might as well post it.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

I guess this is like cat photos - allowed every now and then because we understand that grandparents with cameras will do this sort of stuff.

This is Ellie and can any of us recapture the capacity of a child to be innocent and totally in the moment?

IQ180, 80mm LS lens 1/200 @ f5.6 iso200.
This picture is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Is ISO 200, sensor +?
Pramote

malmac

This picture is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Is ISO 200, sensor +?
Pramote
No just straight 200iso.

My wife was shooting at the same time with her canon - so I compromised a bit on my iso to get my exposure right.

Also thanks for sharing my pleasure in this image - sometimes one gets lucky I guess.

Mal

tsjanik

Used the new Lightroom 5 Beta to do initial work on this underexposed noisy shot from last summer. Used the new radial tool very, very subtly. Focus stacked using four images. 15 - 20 sec exposures each at f/6.7. It was getting quite dark doing these. Three mile headlamp hike back to the truck afterwards. Pentax 645D, 35mm-A lens. Graduated filter. Not one of my best, but hey, might as well post it.
Wildrover:

I think I saw the same water last summer as it passed through the St. Lawrence.:D

Tom

WildRover

Tom:
That water sure gets around. Nice shot. Love the clouds and silhouetted foreground. Nice that the sun decided to give you a wink before going away.
Rick

tsjanik

Tom:
That water sure gets around. Nice shot. Love the clouds and silhouetted foreground. Nice that the sun decided to give you a wink before going away.
Rick
Thank you. Until I got the 645D, I was using film and I must say I still prefer how film handles the sun. This is a blended exposure with a separate shot just for the sun to keep it from turning into an unattractive white sploch.
Tom

Stan ROX

Beauty comes, beauty goes. This little flower was in my living room for a week, while I was on a business trip.

Just arrived a few minutes ago, I feared the composition will be not the same when I'll return from shopping, so I decided to immediately take this shot. Looks like an explosion of color:

Status
Not open for further replies.