The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

So my hasselblad's shutter button crapped out today... but I was saved by a shutter release cable!

Anyone know what it may cost to get the shutter fixed? the H2 is fully functional other than the shutter button not working..

Anyways, managed to take this shot with it :)

Ecaterina Andreev by Rick Rose
Hmm... makes me think maybe we should all break our shutter buttons! ;) Very nice.

D&A

Stan posts bird shots in the 60s sense, my bird shots are more literal.

Maples are lovely trees in many ways, but their seed production results in a virtual snowfall in the spring. I am sometimes amazed that the entire NE of North America isn't a maple forest; even this Robin seems to be bewildered.

645D, 600mm + 1.4x

Tom, an observation. Have you experimented with a bit of fill light (ie: from a Pentax flash for example) for outdoor shots like this? I sometimes do when using the 600mm f5.6, with an without a fresnel lens on the flash head. I think a touch of fill would have been quite effective and in this case better than just raising the level of exposure, for obvious reasons. Just a thought.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Pramote, absolutely lovely macro shots...espcailly the last two. They have a great balance of detail while retaining the softness and delicate nature of the subject.

Dave (D&A)

Grayhand

From Visby, Gotland, Sweden largest island.
A part of the bailey. They started to build it in the 12 century and much of it was finished at the end of the 13 century.

Makes me feel quite young actually..

AFDlll, 80mm AFD, P45+

Ray

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Pramote - totally agree that these shots are lovely. They have a soft crispness about them (yes, I know that is a paradox!) that makes them feel fresh, close, beautiful real-yet-dreamlike.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote - totally agree that these shots are lovely. They have a soft crispness about them (yes, I know that is a paradox!) that makes them feel fresh, close, beautiful real-yet-dreamlike.
Thanks very much Ed for your kind words!
My style of flower photography is by choice as I've always take it during lower light, large aperture, multiple shots with different focuses and subsequent manual stacking in PS (1+ hour around before sunset; can't do it 1 hr after sunrise as the Botanic Gardens always open at 09:00am except taking wild flower).
I've never used flash for flower photography and always used available sunlight even when the light level is low. Certainly, I have to deal with movement by the wind. That's why they are barely crispy clear. I just like it this way.
Pramote

tashley

Subscriber Member
Is it called Blue Moon because that's how often the customers come in? I am a great fan of the oddball comedy TV show Portlandia and I would love to see the writing team do a sketch set in such a shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.