The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Well the thread is called 'fun' with.... so here's a little game. Spot the obvious mistake:

Another image coming up later, to show another version of the same daft image.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well the thread is called 'fun' with.... so here's a little game. Spot the obvious mistake:

Another image coming up later, to show another version of the same daft image.
err, the guy's reflection is missing in the water?

tashley

Subscriber Member
:cool:

OK, smart @ss Bob! I was going to post this one next but you are waay ahead....

I was piddling about trying to see how, on a still evening, a combination of exposure bracketing and focus bracketing might hang together when, halfway through the series of bracketed shots, this family walked into view and then settled bang on centre. My hatred of them grew. The lady kept on looking at me in a 'why are you pointing a camera at us?' way and I kept on looking at her in a 'why are you sat in front of my camera' way and they won the stalemate.

To hell with bracketing. I'm just going to make blown highlights and OOF foregrounds a big part of my people-free style!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Tim

Ah yes, civilians! Second only to other photographers wearing bright yellow, pink or orange outfits walking into and staying put in vista scenes (especially when they KNOW they are in your shot!). Photoshop clone stamp and content aware fill are wonderful things ...

rga

Tim

Ah yes, civilians! Second only to other photographers wearing bright yellow, pink or orange outfits walking into and staying put in vista scenes (especially when they KNOW they are in your shot!). Photoshop clone stamp and content aware fill are wonderful things ...
Perhaps we should start a new. Thread, "Infuriating / Ridiculous Photo Moments"!

Tim's experience reminds me of a sunrise shot of a swinging bench in Hawaii. I'm behind the bench focusing on it out to the ocean. I had woken up at 4:30'or so to set up beforehand.

So this guy my age (late 50s) walks up to the beach with his wife, coffee cups in hand, glares at me and both sit down on the swing... Sort of an in-your-face "I can sit wherever the hell I want" look and posture...

So I start whistling. Unsyncopated, atonal, random, multi-octave nonsense whistling. Even I couldn't stand it!! I watched the fellow become more and more rigid in his posture. Made me whistle even more obnoxiously!

After about 15 minutes, befor the sun rose, the guy and his wife got off the bench and stood over to my left (not close enough to worry). I stopped whistling as soon as their arses left the bench. Even my dog would have been able to figure out this behavior modification technique!

The sun rose in short order. I made my exposures and calibration shots then packed up and left. Never even looked at the intruders. I call it Whistler's Sunrise. Nice image; better story!:dh2:
Bench Views

Bob

tashley

Subscriber Member
One from this evening - an old favourite scene but this time captured with a few more pixels! IQ180/Rodie 40HR/Alpa STC with 2 degrees of tilt at F8. Sigh. I love this setup. Finally I feel I am working harmoniously with the system rather than fighting it...

and here's a central crop...

tashley

Subscriber Member
Can't stop today - capture diarrhoea, sorry!

As above system, different settings, Optimum-CSPro iPhone app and Disto used to place the DOF exactly where I wanted it...

tashley

Subscriber Member
A Japanese rock garden comes to mind.....:)
I don't know if you have the same tradition in Holland but here, travellers make rock piles called cairns to mark where they have visited... I have seen them in many places abroad too but sadly, I only came to Holland once, for a wedding, and there was so much booze that I can't really remember anything!

malmac

Been travelling in Scotland - love the place.

Just a quick thanks to one of our forum members who took me hill walking in the Isle of Skye, when this image was taken.

Thank you Rob.

IQ180, 645DF, 35mm lens.

Mal, Toowoomba, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.