The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Ray, there is something special about the light at the water's edge. Here is a shot I like very much, taken during the fall on a Lake Erie beach. Most of the plants seen are milkweed, very important to Monarch butterflies, since it supplies their poisonous defense.

Tom
I think it is the sand that is one part of the special light we often get at a beach. When I work with details there, it often even works ok to take photos at midday. I get the feeling that the sand helps to reflect some of the light and diffuse it, reducing the overall contrast.

This is such an example.

AFDlll, 150mm AF, P45+

Ray

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Not an image you would expect to see from the Palouse, but one morning we found ourselves wandering down a dirt road into a small canyon and came upon this lovely scene. This is taken from the bridge across this small stream which is much wider than the image makes it appear. Very quiet except the wonderful sound of the water, one of my more enjoyable experiences capturing an image.

Rm3di/IQ180 with Rodenstock 150mm lens, a few mm of shift, 1/15th, prob at f/11. 6 shot stitch.

sjg284

Some film stuff from me..
Fuji GS645S Wide | Kodak Ektar

Taken last Saturday, at wife's yoga teacher training final (which she passed :) ).
Between her fulltime job and the training, she's not had not had a day off since April. She was quite relieved to have wrapped it up successfully.

etrump

You've got to love the architecture in Chicago - so many views.

Cambo, rody 55, iq180, 2 shot stitched

tsjanik

Not the usual landscape shot. Rest stop on US 90 in South Dakota. The lonely vastness of the mid section of North America is startling when unaccustomed to the emptiness. I see that feeling in this shot. 645D, 35mm.

Tom

_IGP3789 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Shashin

Tom, it is a great landscape for tornado shoots due to the lack of obstructions (or as other say, shelter).

WildRover

From a recent job.. 7 shot pano with the H4D-40 and the HCD28...

I really like your work Nathan. This shot is another fine example. There seems to be so much going on - Controlled complimentary color pallet -neutrals, blue and that orange-red. Graphic composition with separate framed areas. Nice lines and a large negative space for your logo or the clients copy. Wondering how hard it was to balance the lighting. It seems that if you would have moved an inch in any direction the composition wouldn't have come together. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that he escalator steps disappeared with a long exposure or is this some kind of conveyor belt system (I don't get out much, at least to metro areas). Very nice indeed. Thumbs up.

WildRover

You're right about the weather. Here's a shot of a front taken a day earlier; amazing storm. Sorry about the oversaturation, I was experimenting with HDR.

_IGP3718 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
The saturation looks good with this shot. I for one, was weened on Fugi Velvia, and am fine with saturation as long as it doesn't go too far. That is one of my on going battles with myself when processing files. I think I need to sometimes tie my fingers down to prevent using too much contrast or saturation. I am always wary of overdoing it and unfortunately the saturation slider sometimes wins.

WildRover

The third time I've processed this one from scratch. Always something to redo. Regarding saturation, I may have gone too far.

Pentax 645D, FA645 200mm, ISO 100, f/11, 30 seconds.

This was the last shot before it got really dark with just a slight remnant glow from the western sky. It is underexposed but I was able to rescue it in Lightroom. Processed two versions in Lightroom. One with a fair amount of noise reduction used for the water, and the other with only slight NR for the rocks - Blended in Photoshop. An older file. Haven't gotten out lately.

Rick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.