The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesto

Hi Bill,
Great image! I asume that you did not shoot this handsome devil with one of your wide angle lenses. He appears to be about to shed and they can be a touch grumpy during these times... ' best not to mess with him just now.

DAB.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Hi Bill,
Great image! I asume that you did not shoot this handsome devil with one of your wide angle lenses. He appears to be about to shed and they can be a touch grumpy during these times... ' best not to mess with him just now.

DAB.
Thanks!

Actually I was quite close, kneeling with an 80 mm lens - though this is a crop of the full frame. He rattled but was more likely to slither away than attack!

WildRover

Blame tsjanik. "please post more" he says so here are another two. Both with Pentax 645D, 645 35mm-A, f/16 two image focus stack (challenging). The color image used an additional two stacked layers (infinity focused) from Lightroom for additional Noise Reduction in the sky and a slight bit in the water. The sky in the color image gave me fits. The top right corner was way dark and the left side very light. After thinking I was done, the sky in the right corner was all messed up - posterized from too much pixel pushing. I think part of my problem was too many adjustments in Lightroom (and photoshop). Instead of starting over, I desaturated the offending cyans and greens that had come to life, and it seemed to do the trick. I'm using Tony Kuyper's actions to help process my stuff. Tony Kuyper Photography Sean Bagshaw has an excellent video tutorial on using Tony's actions and is highly recommended. The Complete Guide to Luminosity Masks

I have another two or three shots from this location, one is very dramatic, that may some day get posted. Remember, blame Tom.

Rick

View attachment 74747

View attachment 74748

Last edited:

tsjanik

Blame tsjanik. "please post more" he says so here are another two. Both with Pentax 645D, 645 35mm-A, f/16 two image focus stack (challenging). The color image used an additional two stacked layers (infinity focused) from Lightroom for additional Noise Reduction in the sky and a slight bit in the water. The sky in the color image gave me fits. The top right corner was way dark and the left side very light. After thinking I was done, the sky in the right corner was all messed up - posterized from too much pixel pushing. I think part of my problem was too many adjustments in Lightroom (and photoshop). Instead of starting over, I desaturated the offending cyans and greens that had come to life, and it seemed to do the trick. I'm using Tony Kuyper's actions to help process my stuff. Tony Kuyper Photography Sean Bagshaw has an excellent video tutorial on using Tony's actions and is highly recommended. The Complete Guide to Luminosity Masks

I have another two or three shots from this location, one is very dramatic, that may some day get posted. Remember, blame Tom.

Rick

We seem to see similar skies and process them to about the same result; not too surprising really, since we see the same weather. This was done with a layer in multiply mode with masks (645D and 35mm A):

1-17_IGP6821_9757 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We seem to see similar skies and process them to about the same result; not too surprising really, since we see the same weather. This was done with a layer in multiply mode with masks (645D and 35mm A):

Tom, IMHO this is one of your best yet :thumbs:

tsjanik

Tom, IMHO this is one of your best yet :thumbs:
Thanks Jack, that's quite a compliment coming from you. I have a few shots I like from a self-imposed picture-a-day project I did for 6 months. I recommend that project to anyone who is in the photographic doldrums. I would not have gotten this image had I not needed to get a shot before dark -forced me out the door. Of course the project also produced some pretty dull images too, like my stove at 11 at night - an act of desperation before time was up for that day.

Tom

Shashin

This was taken with a Horseman SW612 and 55mm lens. This is a festival in Japan.

This is an exciting day for me. My wife and I have officially started our indie publishing company. Our first book, an iBook, was released today in the Apple iBook store. This image is from the photo essay. It is kind of neat to think it is available in 52 countries.

D&A

Congratulations Shashin! Anytime one begins a endeavor such as the one you described, it's most definitely an exciting day for you both! Great Image and wonderful to see all that's going on in the captured image. Best of luck!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Tom what I love about your "Crooked Brook" image and others you've recently posted, is your ability to capture the calmness and serenity of a scene without having to resort to what I'll refer to as bombastic elements that may momentary excite the senses but which sometimes fade quickly after a few viewings. The power of such images such as yours, often relates to how we all personally have encountered similar scenes and often think about how we would go about capturing it's mood without loosing something in the translation. Nice work.

Dave (D&A)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This is an exciting day for me. My wife and I have officially started our indie publishing company. Our first book, an iBook, was released today in the Apple iBook store. This image is from the photo essay. It is kind of neat to think it is available in 52 countries.
Congratulations! Good luck with the endeavour. :thumbs:

Shashin

Congratulations Shashin! Anytime one begins a endeavor such as the one you described, it's most definitely an exciting day for you both! Great Image and wonderful to see all that's going on in the captured image. Best of luck!

Dave (D&A)
Dave and Graham, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.