The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

That's a great a wide angle shot. Would you mind sharing what stitching program you use. Seems like when I try to stitch this many wide angle shots together I get a lot of bending and curving of the horizontal and vertical lines in the result.

Glen
Hi Glen, glad you like it :) I use Autopano Pro, dont let the auto part confuse you, it is one powerful program with plenty of options!
Here I used RRS panohead and rail and made sure everything was level before making the shots...
Once in the mac I chose in this instance the Planar projection from the many choices, and you can see rendered previews of the different types of projections before you do the final render... Planar worked best here, but on some panos speherical works better...
APP rarely fails to make a good stitch, and the better the work with the camera the better the stitch, especially with very wide angle lenses...

GlenC

Hi Glen, glad you like it :) I use Autopano Pro, dont let the auto part confuse you, it is one powerful program with plenty of options!
Here I used RRS panohead and rail and made sure everything was level before making the shots...
Once in the mac I chose in this instance the Planar projection from the many choices, and you can see rendered previews of the different types of projections before you do the final render... Planar worked best here, but on some panos speherical works better...
APP rarely fails to make a good stitch, and the better the work with the camera the better the stitch, especially with very wide angle lenses...
Thanks Nathan, I really appreciate you sharing so much, it gives me a good place to start.

ashwinrao1

A few portraits with the Pentax 645D, along with the 150 mm f/2.8 FA and occasionally the 75 mm f/2.8 FA lens...Portraits at Pike's place....

WildRover

Shot a few photos at a county park and boat landing here in Door County. Not the pure nature stuff I like doing, but a nice exercise, and a reminder to get out and photograph. I should be on the prowl for more photos of this type. It was fun and a couple a real challenge to process.
Not being at all knowledgeable about ships, I had to rely on a placard at the site to try and accurately come up with the titles. I decided to call the Door County Maritime Museum and left a voice mail regarding the Mueller. I finished these up and they are provided for your viewing enjoyment.
Although, there is a problem. It seems the Mueller is laying at the bottom of Lake Michigan. June Larson from the museum kindly returned my call, but not until after I had these done. Thirty three years ago when she produced the placard, it was thought that this ship relic was the Mueller. Divers have found the real thing so now it's a mystery to what ship this is. June says she will attempt to research this.................................
News alert. June just emailed me with a response. The ship is the Vermilion. I will fix up the titles. My previous post in Behind The Scenes that are titled Mueller are wrong so please disregard.

Pentax 645D, Pentax 645A 35mm, and 645A 120mm.

Rick

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

H4D-40 HCD28 @f22 1.4 seconds....
Might look like dodgy photoshop on the windows but in fact it is light reducing silver foil blinds that give this effect...

Nathan W. Lediard

Nice photos Nathan. Hope your equipment survived the flying debris, sparks, and flames.
Rick
Thanks Rick :) So far so good... I do get in close and I suppose one of these days my lens will get a red hot spark on the front element... I have burnt my hair and hands so its only a question of time... but then thats what insurance is for! :D

Oh and digging the propeller shot, the way the sun kisses the lower blade makes the shot for me! :)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill

Lovely shot.

Was that taken with your 240mm lens?

And was this hand held or on a tripod?

Thanks in advance

Mal
My heron shot - Yes, 240 mm, centre portion of the frame only, hand held but resting on a rock! I took about ten shots but this was the only sharp one as it was getting dark and I needed a long exposure. I also took some with my Sony a99 which were very very similar!

The bird was not wounded - the "wound" is simply scapular feather revealed by a gust of wind from behind. Thanks to Douglas for pointing this out!

Cheers,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.