The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesto

Nathan,What a wonderful collection of images!
I am seldom drawn to wedding pictures but these are as interesting as they are creative ... well done!

Douglas Benson

Nathan W. Lediard

Nathan,What a wonderful collection of images!
I am seldom drawn to wedding pictures but these are as interesting as they are creative ... well done!

Douglas Benson
Thankyou Douglas, I am glad you enjoyed them :)

Not often I get both bride and groom in national dress, and she went the whole hog with the silver wedding crown :) This is the traditional costume from this part of Norway (Nordmøre)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Still working through my Kauai images. The final night I tried a new location. While scouting an area I noticed the abstract nature of the waves when looking down on them, and decided to try something a little different.

ArcaSwiss Rm3di/IQ180, with Rodenstock 40mm, 1/4th second at f/16, ISO 35

malmac

Wayne, really engaging image - I for one would like to see a savage crop - lose the foreground rocks on both sides and just focus on that one warm red rock with the cool waves interacting with the shore line.

Well just a thought.

Mal

mmbma

great shot. I actually like the foreground and think it makes the image more interesting and gives it framing and contrast. well done !

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Wayne, really engaging image - I for one would like to see a savage crop - lose the foreground rocks on both sides and just focus on that one warm red rock with the cool waves interacting with the shore line.

Well just a thought.

Mal
great shot. I actually like the foreground and think it makes the image more interesting and gives it framing and contrast. well done !
appreciate the comments. I've tried many crops on this image.

To me the shot is about the wave and the interplay of the water in front of it. The isolated rock adds some interest, but a tight crop eliminating all of the foreground rocks makes the single rock too dominant and I can't find a way to leave enough of the wave and water in. Personally I'm fighting the feeling that the red rock is too dominant as it is, distracting from the wave, but then it seem to tie in with the second rock similar to it on the far left of the image. I'm torn between the foreground rocks being a little too dominant and their framing effects myself.

malmac

Wayne

Like I said, just a thought - others obviously like it the way it is.

Too me I like the idea of this dominant red rock and the cool waves washing around it. Yes dominant for a while but we all know that the waves will win in the end.

A great image and so rich with options of both cropping and of course interpretation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts onyour image.

Mal

Still working through my Kauai images. The final night I tried a new location. While scouting an area I noticed the abstract nature of the waves when looking down on them, and decided to try something a little different.
I'm not really sure why this image works, but it is the kind of picture that I can't tear my eyes away. The waves are abstract, but raw and powerful at the same time. The movement is not smooth as so often water is portrayed, but rough, though not quite angry, and the lava rocks anchor the image. Very well seen.

malmac

Been out roaming around for the last 3 months so not much time to sort images and share them. I really enjoy the work of many of the members and so like to contribute as well.

Here is my image of the dead - well almost dead (just a couple of branches were holding onto life), supplejack tree near Charleville Queensland.

IQ180, 645DF, 55mm lens - a number of images merged and a bit of a tweak.

Mal

pnwmf

First post, have to put up a photo. I need to spend more time in post, but man, lots of amazing images and inspiration. As a historical Canon shooter, MF is a whole new world. And just incase anyone asks, it rains every day in Seattle, promise.

malmac

I love it, Mal! Could be a cloudscape as much as a tree.
Bill
Bill

I was just looking at your image above of reflections and thinking how glorious it must be in your part of the world.

The image just jumps off my screen.

Also, thanks for the compliment - I realise my images are starting to become hybrid - but they still do involve photography.

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.