The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Keep up with the abstracts Ray, just let it happen. It's months or years before I get some of my shots!
Alan.
It goes in periods for me.
Its like accidents, if you have one, there is always another one around the corner :)

Ray

Mamiya AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

aCIDfire

Wonderful. How do you like your new lens?
Thank you tsjanik also for a recommendation before I bought this lens as we talked about it. It´s amazing lens with super light movement of the focusing ring. I was using many pentax lenses in the past - super-tak and smc-takumars but this lens has the best focusing ring I have ever used on any lens so I can easily move with the focusing ring precisely with one finger while holding the lens by the tripod mount easy with one hand. It´s not so heavy and it fits S2 really great. I hope I´ll have time to post some more shots :)

tsjanik

Thank you tsjanik also for a recommendation before I bought this lens as we talked about it. It´s amazing lens with super light movement of the focusing ring. I was using many pentax lenses in the past - super-tak and smc-takumars but this lens has the best focusing ring I have ever used on any lens so I can easily move with the focusing ring precisely with one finger while holding the lens by the tripod mount easy with one hand. It´s not so heavy and it fits S2 really great. I hope I´ll have time to post some more shots :)
I'm glad you're happy with the lens; it seems everyone who has one feels the same . The focus ring is really remarkable, just as you describe.

Tom

Grayhand

The 4 weeks I spent on the island of Sweden's east coast was spent on the islands north west coast.
That means that I had the setting sun in front of me every evening.
And it was almost always cloudy over the mainland and often really colorful sunsets.
So I decided that shooting sunsets was to easy in that location and I should hunt for other subjects at the sea during sunset.

But I made one exception for this photo.
The main reason is because 1/4 in from the right side on the horizon is two of Sweden's nuclear reactors.
So, a little "Doom and gloom" :eek:

Ray

AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

Shashin

Actually Nathan, stage lights are not mounted to studio stands. ;-) You might want to clone that out. But very nice!

Nathan W. Lediard

Actually Nathan, stage lights are not mounted to studio stands. ;-) You might want to clone that out. But very nice!
I used to do alot of live band photography so am aware :)
This is a straight from lightroom client proof... if she chooses it then final retouch will fix that problem :D

Grayhand

After I decided that it was to easy shooting straight sunsets on the island the next decision was to select one object for the evening and stick with it, come hell or high water.
I scouted a object before sunset, set up my camera, and then stood fast until about 1/2 hour after sunset for the last 2 weeks of my stay on the island.
That was an interesting experience, to watch my self trying to convince my self, that I should drag around the camera to different location around the beach as the sunset progressed.
But after a few days I actually enjoyed the experience of following one object into the night. So this will be my "modus operandi" for a lot of landscape photos in the future.
During this experiment I also decided that my main object should be a small island between my island and the mainland.
This island is called "Blå Jungfrun" -The blue virgin. In the folktale this was the island that all the witches did fly to, to meet the devil during easter.

So one of the days when I stood waiting for the sunset to progress there was a large cloud that was flying past me towards the island.
It rotated as it draw nearer to the island. And when it was just above the island this is what it was, a demon riding on a dragon :eek:
Then it continued to rotate and drift away.

Hmmm.

Ray

Mamiya AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

Grayhand

Another picture of the "Blue Virgin".

I find it interesting to work with sunsets without any clouds or very few.
You get nothing for free then. It easy to let dramatic clouds carry your picture.
Without clouds you have to work harder with composition.
But the good thing is that often the colors in the sky are soft with smooth tonal shifts between different colors.

The negative part is that this kind of sky is hard to do good in B/W.
Its just fizzle out to almost nothing most of the times.

Ray

AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

Status
Not open for further replies.