The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Thank´s Alan and Swissblad :)

Regarding a "roll" I see it more like dropping down into a hole.
Enjoy the fall, sooner or later I hit the bottom :D

Ray

malmac

Well here is my latest image. IQ180, 55mm SK LS lens.
I may be stretching the friendship with this hybrid image.
Before anyone asks I will briefly describe the process.

I sat down in this fantastic location and did the charcoal drawing you see that overlays this photograph. The drawing was done first, then the photograph was taken.
I photographed the drawing and laid the drawing over the photograph in Photoshop.
Then I distorted the photograph so the camera saw what I saw.

So when does a photograph stop being a photograph?

The title of this image - "The Erosion of Memory"

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work.

Mal

Grayhand

One more of the Blue Virgin.
Another evening, another sunsets.
I actually thinking about, next year, to spend 4 weeks in one place and with one object on this shore.
All sunsets are so different, so it vill be many interpretations of one object.
Time will tell :watch:

Ray

The usual stuff..

Grayhand

I sat down in this fantastic location and did the charcoal drawing you see that overlays this photograph. The drawing was done first, then the photograph was taken.
I photographed the drawing and laid the drawing over the photograph in Photoshop.

Mal
Well Mal, in my book you do everything right.

I for my self do not call my self a photographer.
The camera is only one of my tools when I build a picture.
So I think the question is if you see your finished result as a image, picture or a photography?

I do not know of any other community of artist that are so obsessed with their tools as the photographic community.
I have my artistic roots with my painter friends and crafts people. Extremely few there care about how you produce the pice of art, most only care about how the result feels.
I sometime think that the less someone in the photographic community actually has a creative perspective/vision on their work, the more obsessed they become about gears and especially what others do with gear.

We have had some Swedish authors that, when the computers become more common,
actually claimed that reals authors wrote manually with a pen or possible on a typewriter, preferable an old Halda.
I write books and fore me such opinions just shows an infantile stupidity.
Content, content, content...

Rant OFF.

Ray

malmac

Well Mal, in my book you do everything right.

I for my self do not call my self a photographer.
The camera is only one of my tools when I build a picture.
So I think the question is if you see your finished result as a image, picture or a photography?

I do not know of any other community of artist that are so obsessed with their tools as the photographic community.
I have my artistic roots with my painter friends and crafts people. Extremely few there care about how you produce the pice of art, most only care about how the result feels.
I sometime think that the less someone in the photographic community actually has a creative perspective/vision on their work, the more obsessed they become about gears and especially what others do with gear.

We have had some Swedish authors that, when the computers become more common,
actually claimed that reals authors wrote manually with a pen or possible on a typewriter, preferable an old Halda.
I write books and fore me such opinions just shows an infantile stupidity.
Content, content, content...

Rant OFF.

Ray
Thanks Ray.

I really like the DPI MF forum - such a range of work and opinions - it is a pleasure to view what others are doing and so I feel it is only right to share what my aspirations produce.

Mal

Grayhand

Mal, I do share your opinion about this forum!

I think it is the most mature forum that I know of on the internet.
And it become the only one that I now days are active on.

Ray

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Mal
This is art. I love it.

alajuela

Mal
FANTASTIC!!!!!

tsjanik

Mal
My husband showed me your image and I just had to write you and tell you how much I love it. I draw (with pencil in "greyscale") but am primarily a potter. I find myself studying your work as if I am reading the lines...in an intellectual way...rather than responding emotionally to it. It is truly fascinating and I encourage you to do more. Don't worry if you have crossed into "mixed media." Your art inspires me...perhaps it will influence the design of my next pot!
Ann

malmac

Bill C.B, Phillip and Ann -

Thank you for your positive response. While I try hard to dance to an inner drum beat - I would not be human if I didn't warm to the positive responses of my fellow travellers.

Thank You.

PS - Ann I think we should see some MF photos of your work even if they bear no connection to what I have been fiddling with. Now you have me thinking - mmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.